does fit-PC3 support 3D and big files 1080p?

Find fit-PC3 news at
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 am

does fit-PC3 support 3D and big files 1080p?

Post by manolito78 »

Hi all,

I'm considering to buy a fit-PC3 but the main purpose is for using it as media center and I have some questions:

- Does fit-PC3 support 3D movies?
- I use to play big .mkv files (20 gigas or more) and ISOS, will I be able to play it without problems with the Radeon HD 6320?

Thanks all of you.


Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Re: does fit-PC3 support 3D and big files 1080p?

Post by christia »

reading about the mintbox which is the same machine it looks like it should be no issue, although the Pro is doing a better job than Basic.

just my 2c


Re: does fit-PC3 support 3D and big files 1080p?

Post by irads »

We have not tested 3D with fit-PC3 Pro. The graphics capabilities should be identical to AMD E450 based systems.

Large .mkv files and ISOs should not pose a problem.

Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:18 am

My findings.

Post by emurach »

I have a Fit-PC3 Pro. I boosted the memory to 8G. Installed a 512GB 830 Samsung SSD. I pulled the 802.11n Radio and installed a 2T2R 802.11ac radio.

I have lots of video. 1080p, 720p, and below. The computer in the computer room acts as the file server. The Fit-PC as the mini computer hooked to the TV. So I needed high speed Wireless. 802.11ac is the only answer for 1080p. 820.11n was doing the 720p but pushing the radio to its limits.

As for the computer playing 1080p. I'd say 60% of the encoded video played fine the remaining 40% chopped up. The CPU was maxing out even while using DXVA.

I prefer AMD video. But made the switch to the Intense-PC Pro Bare Bone. Installed 16GB of memory, A 512GB Samsung 840 Pro, and the other of the 802.11ac radio. The intense is way faster. NO issues with 1080P play back. and the CPU is no where near maxing out while K-lite uses Intel Quick Sync Video acceleration. Though Intel Video 4000 is just basic and the control software is non existent in comparison. That goes for the Intel HDMI Display Audio too. Intel needs to work on making a excellent control package like AMD and NVidia has. I'd still rather have discreet graphics. This is why I was asking about a Haswell edition of the Intense you get the 4400 and/or 4600 Intel graphics with a 1.8x performance boost and more capabilities.

But for right now. Me owning both units and having configured them to the max. I'd have to choose the Intense over Fit-PC3. It works for 1080p. It has m-SATA. It has better LAN and USB 3.0.

If Haswell should come along. I'll upgrade to that.

Post Reply

Return to “General fit-PC3 questions”