FITPC2i w Intel 520 SSD Crashes w Realtek Ethernet Drvr Inst

mbirger

Re: FITPC2i w Intel 520 SSD Crashes w Realtek Ethernet Drvr

Post by mbirger »

fit-PC2i Ethernet controller is Realtek RTL8111F-CG.
Windows 7, 32-bit ethernet drivers for fpc2i is from August 2013 (not the dates stated).
http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/fit-pc2i/win7-fit-pc2i/
Please double check for correct drivers.

RTL8111F is a new Ethernet controller and should be using the newest drivers.

Regarding incompatibility issues with some SSDs - as has been noted earlier: SSD devices were released to market much later than fit-PC2i... so they are not necessarily immune for compatibility to older computers (fpc2 anb fpc2i incorporates PATA to SATA bridge rather than native SATA interface to Host chipset). In addition, fit-PC2i max data rate for storage devices is 800 Mbps, while new SSDs are capable supporting 3 Gbps and 6 Gbps. In general, I would not recommend using SSD devices on fit-PC2/2i, unless high operating temperatures is a factor, as the SSDs will be very limited in performance.

Regarding system crash - we have never seen such behavior.
We cannot help on this unless you send us the SSD so we can check it in our labs.

What is the power consumption of these SSDs??? It might be the root cause. Please remember that fit-PC2i is a very low power system.

If you wish to send us the SSD units please use the below email address for further communication.

support@fit-pc.com

mbirger

Re: FITPC2i w Intel 520 SSD Crashes w Realtek Ethernet Drvr

Post by mbirger »

Please send the SN of the crashing fit-PC2i unit and I will check the revision and batch of the computer for issues.

You can use the mail address for further communication:
support@fit-pc.com

Return to “Windows 7”