Start Virtual WiFi Soft AP on boot?

moonshine-sail

Start Virtual WiFi Soft AP on boot?

Post by moonshine-sail »

I'm trying to set up the Fit-PC3 to boot so that my iPad is the only display connected wirelessly via WiFi to the Fit-PC with NO Internet connection.

Have been able to get it to work, but have to use the hardwired monitor to the Fit-PC to "Start Virtual WiFi Soft AP" in the REALTEK PCIE WLAN Utility.

Using iTeleport Connect, TightVNC and an iPad. iTeleport & TightVNC launch as startup.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

IntensePC_User

Re: Start Virtual WiFi Soft AP on boot?

Post by IntensePC_User »

Hi Moonshine,

I use the Virtual WiFi on my Intense PC Pro to connect for maintenance since the system is headless. I can't speak to the fit-pc 3, but i can tell you how I do it.

I have a batch file launch at startup (put a shortcut in the startup folder) that starts the Virtual Wifi device. The code in the batch file looks like this:

:: pause for 20 seconds to allow drivers to load
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 20
:: Setup the virtual wifi
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="name" key="password" keyUsage=persistent
:: Start the virtual wifi
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

moonshine-sail

Post by moonshine-sail »

Hi Intense!

Thanks so much. I will try that. Soon as I figure out how to put a shortcut in the Startup Folder! To a file called something like wifi.bat, right?

Thanks again,

Linda

moonshine-sail

Post by moonshine-sail »

So I copied that script into the notepad & saved it as a .bat file onto the desktop to test.

When I double-clicked on it, the DOS window opened & it pinged an IP address, but the RealTek virtual lan had not started.

At least the PC was not visible in my iPad.

IntensePC_User

Post by IntensePC_User »

Hey Moonshine,
I put the ping in there just to cause a delay at startup before initializing and starting the virtual wifi device. It's not really necessary, but I found it makes it a bit more consistent.

If you're just testing out the commands, you might try it manually in a command window. So, open a command window and type this on a single line and hit enter:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="name" key="password" keyUsage=persistent

it should give you some info that says it was successful. After that, type the next line and hit enter:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

That should give you another notice saying it was successful. If it says anything else you may have driver or hardware incompatibility with windows virtual wifi.

If it was successful, give it a good 30 seconds to actually initialize, maybe even longer, before trying to see it and connect.

Good luck!

Return to “WLAN and miniPCI-e”