Intel Virtualization BIOS option missing in my fit-PC2i

ddoehr

Intel Virtualization BIOS option missing in my fit-PC2i

Post by ddoehr »

I am in the CPU Control Sub-Menu. The manual shows that I should see an Intel Virtualization option (which I do indeed want to Enable). But it is not there.

I have the 14 September 2010 BIOS. Do I need to download that BIOS and reflash? Thanks.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Intel Virtualization BIOS option missing in my fit-PC2i

Post by gabrielh »

That is very strange.
Can you please send me a screen shot of the Cpu Control Sub-Menu section of the BIOS menu?
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

ddoehr

Post by ddoehr »

Here are a couple of screenshots. The first shows the BIOS date. The second shows that the virtualization option is missing.
Shows BIOS date
Shows BIOS date
WP_000407.jpg (134.06 KiB) Viewed 11672 times
WP_000408.jpg
WP_000408.jpg (139.68 KiB) Viewed 11672 times

ddoehr

Post by ddoehr »

I re-flashed the BIOS. Unfortunately, it didn't fix things. I re-flashed it twice to make sure.

One thing I noticed is that right before going into the BIOS menu, there was some sort of message that I think had the word "CMOS" in it and maybe "CRC" and seemed to be an error message. But the BIOS menu came up so quickly right after the message was printed to display that I couldn't catch it. It was too quick to even attempt to photograph. It also seemed to only appear the first boot after the re-flash.

So, what are my options? Send back for repair/replace?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

From your BIOS screenshot, I see you have the Z510 processor. That processor does not feature Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x). Please refer to http://ark.intel.com/compare/40741,35463,35469 for additional info.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “fit-PC2 BIOS”