Post by IntensePC_User »

Hello,

The mintbox2 is marketed as having:
Auto-On
Wake-on-LAN
Wake-on-Timer
PXE Boot
Watchdog

I am particularly interested in the Wake on Timer feature as the Intense PC doesn't have this.

I just purchased a mintbox2 on amazon and while it does have a different date on the BIOS than the IntensePC BIOS, I still can't find a Wake on Timer setting. Can you point me to the location of this functionality?

Thank you.

IntensePC_User

Re: Mintbox2 Wake On Timer

Post by IntensePC_User »

Can someone from Compulab comment on this, please? If it's not an actual feature, just let me know. Non-response is much worse that a negative response.

Thanks.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Please refer here - all the information is on our wiki:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fi ... ctionality

IntensePC_User

Post by IntensePC_User »

Thank you mbirger for your response.

Your product page is a bit misleading. Everything else in the list I copied from your product page are typical BIOS features. Why would a windows feature be included in that list?

Using Windows to wake the PC is only possible from a sleep or hibernate state, not from a shutdown state. See my earlier forum inquiry here:
http://www.fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=4837

I see that the IPC product page also includes the Wake-on-Timer functionality. I had not seen that listed before today, and I know full well the IPC doesn't boot at a specified time from the current BIOS.

I suppose I was overly optimistic that an updated BIOS for MB2 would include such functionality.

Thanks again for your response, things are clearer now.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Wake-on-Timer is not a BIOS feature, but general purpose OS features, operational with external 3rd party tool suggested in the wiki.

Return to “Intense PC BIOS”