Power up issue

sergio

Power up issue

Post by sergio »

Hello.

From time to time, I'm not able to turn Intense PC on. I press the power button, but nothing happens. WOL also doesn't works in this case.
To solve this issue, I need to unplug power adapter and wait untill led will off.

This problem happnes when Intense PC is off or in the suspend mode!

The bios version is the latest 2.2.0.377.

mbirger

Re: Power up issue

Post by mbirger »

Hi,
From what I understand sometimes your machine doesn't respond to power button, but only when you disconnect and connect the power. Please confirm.

Power reconnect will always work as Intense PC has auto-on functionality.
Regarding the issue - please consider RMA as the power button might be damaged.

Thanks

sergio

Post by sergio »

mbirger wrote: From what I understand sometimes your machine doesn't respond to power button, but only when you disconnect and connect the power. Please confirm.
Power reconnect will always work as Intense PC has auto-on functionality.
Regarding the issue - please consider RMA as the power button might be damaged.

Yes. Sometimes, I'm not able to turn on or wake up Intense PC with the power button. I press it multiple times, but nothing happens. Please note, that WOL in this case also doesn't work!

I'm absolutely sure, that power button is fine and this is not its problem.
As after power reconnection power button become works fine.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Please let me check this.

sergio

Post by sergio »

OK. Can I do something to help?

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

1.What is your HW configuration (HDD ,mSATA, etc...)?
2.What is the BIOS timestamp?
3.What is the steady state of not-waking scenario (SLEEP mode ,etc)?

sergio

Post by sergio »

mbirger wrote:1.What is your HW configuration (HDD ,mSATA, etc...)?
2.5" SSD, Model=KINGSTON SVP200S37A60G, FwRev=502ABBF0
FH PCIe slot is empty
LH wifi replaced with Qualcomm Atheros AR9462
16GB RAM: 2x KHX1600C9S3L/8G 1600 MHz
mbirger wrote:2.What is the BIOS timestamp?
Please read my top message.
Version: CR_2.2.0.377 X64
Release Date: 04/10/2013
mbirger wrote:3.What is the steady state of not-waking scenario (SLEEP mode ,etc)?
Please read my top message.
power off or sleep mode.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Two possible cases where the system cannot get from sleep, unless power is removed.

1. Please be aware that if your system is in sleep state and while that phase you have unwanted power loss, your system will not be able to wake unless you unplug/plug the power.

This is because sleep (S3) is a suspend to RAM state, when all but RAM circuits are powered. If it losses power the system cannot wake as it sees garbage in RAM. Situation that requires power disconnect/connect.

2. Another possible reason for that is that some SSD devices cannot wake the system from sleep or other low power states.
Please try to replace the storage and check the behavior.

de-shu

Post by de-shu »

Hi,

I have the same problem. Sometimes (with probability 0.1 or something) I'm not able to boot up my IPC. It does not matter if I power it on with a hardware button or WOL, it also does not matter if it is suspended to disk or switched off completely.

When it happens I can see that it is powered on (LED, USB, DisplayPort, etc), but it won't boot no matter how long I wait, I don't see a BIOS splash, OS bootloader, etc.

The only thing I can do is to power it off with the power button and then power it on again (I don't need to unplug the power).

The problem is that sometimes there is no one at home to do the task when I'm powering it on remotely.

I'm using the latest BIOS revision.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

What system do you have (PN) and what FACE module?
In general, auto power-on should deal with cases of power failures and power on the system automatically. Please try to perform BIOS reset:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/In ... leshooting

If after the above steps you will still experience power-on issues please consider RMA:
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/support/rma/

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”