Sound Feedback through 3.5mm Audio out.

Athletejmv

Sound Feedback through 3.5mm Audio out.

Post by Athletejmv »

I'm having trouble with hearing audio feedback through amplified speakers. I have the i7 model with windows 8 installed. I have also tried other speakers with the same result. The speakers don't have this issue when plugged into a different MAC or windows 8 desktop that I own. When I plug headphones into the audio jack, I don't get the feedback (humming/whistling sound). Also, when I plug in USB headphones I don't get the feedback sound. I also don't get the feedback sound while the system is restarting (out of windows) or when the audio driver is uninstalled. I think I may have a defective unit or am having some sound driver issues. Is there anyone else that has had this issue or someone that may be able to offer a solution? Thanks in advance.

Athletejmv

Re: Sound Feedback through 3.5mm Audio out.

Post by Athletejmv »

The solution to eliminating the feedback sound through the speakers is to open the "Realtek HD Audio Manager." Select the "Digital Output" tab. Select the "Default Format" tab further below the previous tab. Select "S/PDIF-In to S/PDIF-Out pass through mode."

Return to “Intense PC faults and troubleshooting”