Fit-PC3 will not boot with USB monitor attached

USB ports capabilities
pelle.redare

Fit-PC3 will not boot with USB monitor attached

Post by pelle.redare »

Hello,

I am using an USB monitor (AOC 1659 fwu) to my Fit-PC3 (attached to the USB 3.0 port). It works nicely if I connect it after Windows 7 has started. However if it's attached when I turn it on, it will freeze even before Windows is initiated. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version (SBC_2.1.0.333_14 X64) and also disabled all other booting options than the hard drive, but nothing helps.

Any Idea is welcome!
Thanks

Pelle

mbirger

Re: Fit-PC3 will not boot with USB monitor attached

Post by mbirger »

USB3.0 ports are not operational during boot, but only after OS loaded.

pelle.redare

Post by pelle.redare »

Thanks mbirger!
But why does the system freeze then? If they are not operational, they shouldn't affect the
start-up procedure or am I missing something?

Regards

Pelle

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Try to plug other USB device into these ports during boot and see if the same behavior persist. If not, the answer lies in the attached USB monitor.

pelle.redare

Post by pelle.redare »

Thanks,

The problem doesn't appear with other devices. Can it be a power issue (even if the problem doesn't exist after windows is started?

/ Pelle

pelle.redare

Post by pelle.redare »

If I start the Fit-PC3 with the USB 3.0 monitor Cable attached to the USB 2.0 port,
it works flawlessly. The problem seems to be with the USB 3.0 computer port not the monitor.

Regards

Pelle

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

If there are no freeze issues with other devices on USB3.0 ports after OS loaded, the ports operate normally. If the issue persist with the USB monitor only the issue lies somewhere with the interop between this USB monitor and USB3.0 controller device. Anyway, I see that you can operate with USB2 ports.

Return to “USB”