1080p Video and Wifi radios.

Find Intense PC news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
emurach

1080p Video and Wifi radios.

Post by emurach »

I own the Fit-PC3 Pro. It was sold with only Wifi radio choice of 1T1R. That is good at N for 72Mbps/sec max. My primary usage for this computer is LAN access to my Server video Raid Library and it's display to my Samsung 1080p HDTVs. It perfect for the job. But so far, I've found I can only push up to 720p 90% of the time max to the TV. If I push 1080p the video breaks up because the radio data rate can't keep up with the play back rate of the video.

The most needed change I see that is needs in the Intense and Fit-PC3 is a 3T3R radio support. I doubt I'll ever see that. But its preferred.

I'd really like a 3T3R 802.11ac radio but that most a pipe dream. But at least 2T2R radio is needed running 802.11AC. That would have me 800Mpbs minimum. A 10x speed boost and 1080p support. My current Fit-PC plays 1080p fine off a 480Mbps usb 2.0 connection to a hardrive. So the bottleneck limit is the radio.

What the chances we can see 2T2R 802.11ac radios in the product line any time soon? It is a purchase require for the next batch of mini computers.

Customer,
Eric Murach Jr.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: 1080p Video and Wifi radios.

Post by gabrielh »

The provided WiFi adapter is a half sized miniPCIe card. You can access it by removing the One Screw Service Door, and change it to a desired one
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

emurach

Post by emurach »

I pulled the Mini WiFi card and installed a BCM4352 w/ BT4.0 in my Fit-PC3. Install was easy. The Boardcom drivers were trickier. The Bluetooth driver wasn't signed for x64 Windows. I solved all the issues with some effort over a half a day and located the most recent drivers for Win64 Pro. My Fit-PC3 works great with the 802.11ac radio. I can play 1080p video now over the wireless LAN. If switch to an Intense Pc. I'd get twice the CPU power but it using a Intel 4000 video. Question on that is does that do DXVA video hardware acceleration like the FIT-PC3 AMD RADEON 6380? Radeon and NVidia both have hardware acceleration. But does the Intel 4000?

Thus, I now want to know if a Haswell Core i7-4650U is on the way?

prpixel

Post by prpixel »

Can you please post the Manufacturer, model and place of purchase of the AC Mini-PCIE wireless adapter.

Thanks,

emurach

Post by emurach »

Well I bought it on eBay. made by www.aigale.com.cn. Its a Blade Mini.
you can see a picture of the card on their site.

Also, I'm just a end user consumer here. I'm not selling anything. I just wanted an 802.11AC radio.

Azurewave Ai-Blade Mini 802.11ac BCM4352 up to 867 Mbps 2.4/5GHZ Bluetooth 4.0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Azurewave-Ai-Bl ... 2ec7e48e15

Its a 2T2R radio . Ship directly out of china to the US. Arrived via USPS in two weeks. I had ordered two of them.

The AC radio is a Boardcom BCM4352 with integrated BCM 20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0 chip. They've been making radio forever. There not a newbie on the block. They just normally sale to OEMs. Aigale is just rebadging and selling the Radio in a Kit.

It comes in a nice little box and CD. The driver in English. The Wifi driver on the CD is digitally signed for Windows 7x64 but the Bluetooth driver was not. Just go to Aigale Site above to get the newest Wifi driver out for Win7x64 or Win8x64. I did.

Now the Bluetooth driver. Goto:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

1st:
Install the Bluetooth driver on the CD. Then uninstall it. Yes there's logic here. It leaves the widcomm driver in the driver cashe.
Then Reboot. now Microsoft Windows 7x64 the sees the hardware on the reboot install Microsoft Bluetooth support with the unsigned Widcomm driver. And, it seems to work. But we do this for the following to get a signed driver next.

2nd: Clear everything in hidden directory:
C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Temp.

3rd:
Goto: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

This downloads a small app which runs up. Scan for your Bluetooth, Hardware, Validates it, then downloads the most current correct driver for Win7x64. It creates a new directory in the Temp directory above. And downloads to that directory. If you cleared all that directory first it easy to see it when its created. Then it begins to install from that directory. Once it begins to install it you can copy the directory contents to a achieve location for future reuse.

Once the install is done. Bam Widcomm Bluetooth driver signed.

So far it works great under Windows 7x64. I'd install the second one in the laptop but there is no Linux support for the card yet.

prpixel

Post by prpixel »

Emurach,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I've been waiting patiently for a AC mPCI-e solution for some time.

Thanks again,

Return to “General Intense PC questions”