Questions from a New Intense PC Owner

Find Intense PC news at https://plus.google.com/+Fitpc-by-compulab/
waypts

Questions from a New Intense PC Owner

Post by waypts »

I just finished setting up my Intense PC and it is really compact, runs quickly and is super quiet. I really like Fit-PC! I have the bare bones i7 Processor and I added an SSD drive and 16 GB of Memory and a copy of Windows 7. Installed all of the drivers from Fit-PC website. I am new to Fit-PC and have encountered a couple problems after getting it setup.

First, the unit does get very hot to the touch while doing nothing. I am concerned about the heat. Should the unit be so hot to the touch?

Second, I am having trouble getting sound to output from the audio out jack. I have a bad feeling the jack is broken. I can output audio through hdmi connected monitor with built in speakers. However, when I plug in computer speakers connected to the audio jack I have to turn up the volume to the highest setting to hear faint music playing, and the sound is very scratchy and distorted. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers, but the problem still exists. The speakers work fine when connected to another computer so I know the speakers work fine.

Third, the Crucial SSD drive is slid into place, but the hard drive is so thin that it is not level with the port. It is at a slight angle with the connector and is resting in place. Should this be secured with a bracket?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

Rob

pierro78

Re: Questions from a New Intense PC Owner

Post by pierro78 »

Thanks so much for the feedback Rob !

I am wondering if there are any others users with an Intense PC i7 and if their Intense PC i7 is as hot as yours ???
(reading from other threads, users with the Intense PC Celeron didn't have such an important heat issue with their Intense PC, so I am wondering if that's more a hardware or a software configuration issue ????)

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

waypts wrote:I just finished setting up my Intense PC and it is really compact, runs quickly and is super quiet. I really like Fit-PC! I have the bare bones i7 Processor and I added an SSD drive and 16 GB of Memory and a copy of Windows 7. Installed all of the drivers from Fit-PC website. I am new to Fit-PC and have encountered a couple problems after getting it setup.

First, the unit does get very hot to the touch while doing nothing. I am concerned about the heat. Should the unit be so hot to the touch?

Second, I am having trouble getting sound to output from the audio out jack. I have a bad feeling the jack is broken. I can output audio through hdmi connected monitor with built in speakers. However, when I plug in computer speakers connected to the audio jack I have to turn up the volume to the highest setting to hear faint music playing, and the sound is very scratchy and distorted. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers, but the problem still exists. The speakers work fine when connected to another computer so I know the speakers work fine.

Third, the Crucial SSD drive is slid into place, but the hard drive is so thin that it is not level with the port. It is at a slight angle with the connector and is resting in place. Should this be secured with a bracket?

Thanks for your help!

Thanks

Rob
I am glad to hear your positive feedback, and I really sure you'll enjoy your Intense PC. I will try to complete your satisfactory by resolving your issues

1. Intense PC plate temperature in the idle mode is about 37C. If you measure higher temperatures, please post here the running processes list from the task manager
2. Please try the attached patch for the analog audio output
3. I am not sure I got you right. Can you please attach a picture with the described problem?
Attachments
Intense-PC_Audio_Patch.zip
(369 Bytes) Downloaded 554 times
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

waypts

Post by waypts »

Yes, it's a great little, but powerful system. What's a good way to measure the idle temperature of the computer? I assume you want me to get the internal temp rather than the external temp.

In regards to the audio, I installed the audio add on, but unfortunately there is definately an issue with the output. Very scratchy and weak audio signal.

Thanks.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

1. 37 Celcius degrees is the surface measured temperature. Core temperature is much higher.

2. To avoid the software interference, can you please try Ubuntu Live CD to check the audio output?

3. Please attach the printscreen of device manager's audio devices
Gabriel Heifets

elibeja

Post by elibeja »

Hi Gabrielh,
Have the same issue with audio:
I am having trouble getting sound to output from the audio out jack. I can output audio through hdmi connected monitor with built in speakers. However, when I plug in computer speakers connected to the audio jack I have to turn up the volume to the highest setting to hear faint music playing, and the sound is very scratchy and distorted. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers, but the problem still exists. The speakers work fine when connected to another computer so I know the speakers work fine.
I also installed the patch and restarted my intensePC. Nothing helps.
Please assist.
Thx,
Eli

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Hello Eli

Lets see firstly if the correct drivers installed
Please attach the printscreens of the Sound/Playback and Sound/Recording tabs
Gabriel Heifets

elibeja

Post by elibeja »

Hi Gabriel,
The rare jack is plugged.
The display cable that is DVI in the monitor and HDMI in the IntensePC.
Atteched are the requested screenshots.
Thx,
Eli
Attachments
speakers.PNG
speakers.PNG (34.48 KiB) Viewed 11982 times
playback.PNG
playback.PNG (52.48 KiB) Viewed 11982 times
recording.PNG
recording.PNG (42.91 KiB) Viewed 11982 times

elibeja

Post by elibeja »

More info if necessary...thx
Attachments
Realtek DRV.PNG
Realtek DRV.PNG (39.63 KiB) Viewed 11981 times
Audio DRV.PNG
Audio DRV.PNG (73.05 KiB) Viewed 11981 times

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

It's seems like patch wasn't correctly installed. When you plugging in a speakers to the Intense PC, do you see a popups from Realtec driver about plugged in device?
Gabriel Heifets

Return to “General Intense PC questions”