Fit-PC3 No display.

rjcross79

Fit-PC3 No display.

Post by rjcross79 »

Hello,
I ordered a FIT-PC3 without a drive as a test unit to display SCADA information for commercial control systems when paired with a touch screen display.
Upon receiving the unit, I installed:
Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7TD120BW and Windows 7 Professional using a dell 1905FP monitor for a temporary display (though the HDMI to DVI, using the DVI monitor connection).

The SCADA software was unavailable at the time, so I put the unit away in my office.

Upon reconnecting the FIT-PC3, there is no display showing on boot (or at all), with VGA or DVI cables. I've tried multiple cables and monitors of the same type, to no avail.

I have observed that the unit is powering up on boot, the keyboard and mouse are powered as well. The numlock and capslock lights respond, just no output to the display. I am using the HDMI to DVI connector that comes with the Fit-PC3.

I am a bit worried, as I've seen a few similar comments on these forums. The only resolution I've read was an RMA, which will put my projects in a tight spot.

I would be very grateful for any help or suggestions that anyone might have.

Thank you,

Rick

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Fit-PC3 No display.

Post by gabrielh »

Please remove your SSD drive, and any attached attached peripherals, but keyboard, monitor and the power cord. Power the system to try to get a video output
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

rjcross79

Post by rjcross79 »

gabrielh wrote:Please remove your SSD drive, and any attached attached peripherals, but keyboard, monitor and the power cord. Power the system to try to get a video output
Thank you for your quick response!
I've taken out the SSD, and have only the power, HDMI, mouse and keyboard plugged in. The mouse and keyboard are plugged into the front, middle two USB ports closest to the light.

I tried rebooting several times with no change in display (except for the Dell Digital input floating bar).

irads

Post by irads »

Looks like either a system failure or display interface failure.
Display consists of the HDMI port, cables and monitor.
If you can check the monitor and cables with another computer you can ensure they are in good working order.
Then reconnect tovthe fit-PC3, ensure connectors are joined properly and try again.
In case of failure you may try working with the DisplayPort or conclude it is a system failure and RMA.

irads

Post by irads »

Looks like either a system failure or display interface failure.
Display consists of the HDMI port, cables and monitor.
If you can check the monitor and cables with another computer you can ensure they are in good working order.
Then reconnect tovthe fit-PC3, ensure connectors are joined properly and try again.
In case of failure you may try working with the DisplayPort or conclude it is a system failure and RMA.

rjcross79

Post by rjcross79 »

Ok, I'm working through the RMA process now.
I hope the turn around time is pretty short, I've just gotten another that I can use as a stand-in for now.

Thank you for all of your input!

Return to “fit-PC3 faults and troubleshooting”