Surface temperatures

mrintegrity

Surface temperatures

Post by mrintegrity »

Hi,

What are the maximum surface temperatures that have been measured on the highest performance fit-pc3's while under load?

Thanks

irads

Re: Surface temperatures

Post by irads »

We implement measurement of the touch temperature and adjusting power/performance to keep temperature within range.
Default max temperature would be 50C.

mrintegrity

Post by mrintegrity »

Cool,

That should be controlled via ACPI right, or is it built into the bios? So what happens when i install my own linux OS, I would like to be able to override any cpu throttling.

If run without any throttling under high load for extended periods, how hot would the case get? would it melt / cause a thermal shutoff of the cpu?

mrintegrity

Post by mrintegrity »

irads wrote:We implement measurement of the touch temperature and adjusting power/performance to keep temperature within range.
Default max temperature would be 50C.
So there are sensors built into the case? Can these be accessed from the OS?

irads

Post by irads »

Under normal operation we do not expect throttling to take place. The sensors are installed on the motherboard and are being contacted by the case. They are being monitored by ACPI through BIOS and can be read by the OS.

Temperature of a fanless system is very dependent on both system load and the environment - mostly the temperature and mobility of of surrounding air.

There is no risk of thermal shutdown, skin burn or melting of the metal case. The goal of the sensing is to keep touch temperature at comfortable level and ensure stable operation of hard disk and memory.

Return to “fit-PC3 hardware”