fitPC3 Pro capability as Home Theater PC

isc.grant

fitPC3 Pro capability as Home Theater PC

Post by isc.grant »

I was looking at the specs of the fitPC3 Pro and it looks like it would be a great Home Theater PC. Quiet and powerful enough to play just about any media. I just wanted to make sure that the Pro model has HDMI 1.4 and is capable of playing 3D Bluray with the appropriate drive and software. I have been looking for a mini PC with the E450 which is advertised as being able to do that. I just found your hardware and the pro looks like it would be exactly what I have been looking for.

What is the difference between the AMD G-T56N and the AMD E450?

mrintegrity

Re: fitPC3 Pro capability as Home Theater PC

Post by mrintegrity »

Hi,

The official spec can be read here:

http://www.fit-pc.com/fit-pc3/docs/fit- ... ations.pdf

According to that, HDMI 1.4 is supported as is "full hd" resolution. The graphics card included is easily capable of decoding full resolution blue ray files with the appropriate GPU accelleration.

irads

Post by irads »

As far as I know there is no hardware difference between E-450 and G-T56N. Performance should be identical.

flitter

Post by flitter »

I have xbmc on Ubuntu running and playback is fine on SD. Hardware accelleration works with the Catalyst software for HD playback and the CPU can playback 1080p without accelleration if it's not doing anything else.

I've only had mine a week, and am just getting started but will post more here when I know more.

Beware though, XBMC and Linux have their challenges in driver versions and compatibility, it's not the platform but the OS that makes it not simple.

----------------------------
All opinions are my own, please do your own research before commiting!

mrintegrity

Post by mrintegrity »

Hi,

Thanks, I have used xbmc before. How does video accelleration work with the built in radeon driver? It is supported when using vlc at least, would be good to know what it's capable of.

flitter

Post by flitter »

It will currently accelerate h.264 and vc1 HD content qui happily. VLC also seems to work but I've not tested extensively outside of xbmc.

Without he IR drivers its difficult to use as an HTPC but I'm trying different temporary alternatives this week.

The biggest issue may be heat on the components and I believe that the ribbed case will be better but we'll see!

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Although VLC is working, the recommended player for fit-PC3 under Linux is XBMC. It is tested and works well.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “fit-PC3 hardware”