Model customization

mostacholoco

Model customization

Post by mostacholoco »

Hi,

1. Does the diskless fit-pc3 contain any moving part?

2. Are you planning to distribute a fit-pc3 model with a SSD?

3. I've read the fit-PC3 Specifications PDF I found in other post. There I noticed fit-pc3 supports up to 8 GB RAM. However, I don't see any model with that configuration. Similarly, the "Internal 2.5 inch hard disk" is displayed as "Configurable" but in the order page I only see a 250 GB HDD or none.

This leads to the following question: Will I be able to buy model "fit-PC3 Basic 4GB" without wifi (which the specifications states is optional) or will I have to choose between "fit-PC3 Basic 4GB" and "fit-PC3 Value 2GB"?

Thanks in advance.

irads

Re: Model customization

Post by irads »

1. Does the diskless fit-pc3 contain any moving part?
No moving parts.
2. Are you planning to distribute a fit-pc3 model with a SSD?
Yes.
3. I've read the fit-PC3 Specifications PDF I found in other post. There I noticed fit-pc3 supports up to 8 GB RAM. However, I don't see any model with that configuration. Similarly, the "Internal 2.5 inch hard disk" is displayed as "Configurable" but in the order page I only see a 250 GB HDD or none.
The solution is to buy barebone and purchase the preferred memory and hard disk separately.
This leads to the following question: Will I be able to buy model "fit-PC3 Basic 4GB" without wifi (which the specifications states is optional) or will I have to choose between "fit-PC3 Basic 4GB" and "fit-PC3 Value 2GB"?
The challenge we are facing is which configurations to stock. We currently specified 14 and it is likely to grow to 20 or more. We offer build-to-order, but only for minimum volume - not for single units.
The solution would be to purchase with WiFi and disable it or take it out.

Return to “fit-PC3 hardware”