Performance and FACE Module

mirumu

Performance and FACE Module

Post by mirumu »

Those specs are looking very nice, and I hope to put in an order on the 15th. I'm still trying to decide between the G-T40E and G-T56N model, looks like according to Passmark CPU benchmarks the G-T56N is 33% faster, but the lower power of the G-T40E is appealing too. They look to be at least 2-3 times as fast as the Fit-PC2 in Passmarks. I can understand you may not want to get into discussing benchmarks, and I know the GPUs are much faster than the Fit-PC2, but do these Fit-PC3 models feel substantially faster than the Fit-PC2 in terms of CPU speed?

Another question I have is about the proprietary FACE module. I'd originally thought from the block diagram that it was an internal expansion port, but I see on these specs it's an "optional" part. Is it some kind of internal or external expansion board offering external ports?

The main extra I'd want to add is a second ethernet port for network routing. I know I can add one via USB, but that can be a bit slow. I'd wondered if the full size Mini-PCIe socket or FACE module could be used for Ethernet instead for faster transfers? Clearly there doesn't look to me room to fit another internal RJ-45 socket in the case.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

irads

Re: Performance and FACE Module

Post by irads »

do these Fit-PC3 models feel substantially faster than the Fit-PC2
Yes.
Another question I have is about the proprietary FACE module. I'd originally thought from the block diagram that it was an internal expansion port, but I see on these specs it's an "optional" part. Is it some kind of internal or external expansion board offering external ports?
Both are correct. FACE Module is an optional internal extension board.
FACE.JPG
FACE.JPG (78.15 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
The main extra I'd want to add is a second ethernet port for network routing.
We are working on several FACE Modules. Two of them will have multiple GbE ports.

mirumu

Re: Performance and FACE Module

Post by mirumu »

Oh I see. That sounds great, many thanks.

Return to “fit-PC3 hardware”