Fit PC 3 Questions !!!

Dual Ethernet, 5.1 Audio, Standard HDMI... post here everything fit-PC2 does not have and you wish it had. We listen.
irads

Re: Fit PC 3 Questions !!!

Post by irads »

Really soon now...

kiang

Post by kiang »

CompuLab will start accepting orders for fit-PC3 on 15-Nov-2011

http://twitter.com/#!/fit_pc3/status/120870239536816128

pion

Post by pion »

Looks like you were finalized all detailed specs of fit PC 3. As a happy fit PC 2 (1.6 GHz) owner, may I update myself on following matters, regarding 3 models - fit PC 2, 3 and Intense PC:

1. IR On/Off Remote Control. Could the remote switch on a PC that was shutted down or hibernated? Can the current fit PC 2 do this? Does fit PC 3 even have IR receiver?

2. WoL. Looks like my fit PC 2 (with always on after power failure) doesn't have that capability. How about that in current fit PC 2 2 GHz model and these 2 upcoming? Will it work also through WLAN or Ethernet only?

3. What is estimated power consumption of fit PC 3 and Intense at idle/100 % CPU/GPU loads?

4. How suitable these new models would be for HTPC/ FullHD 3D media player setup with software like XBMC and/or VLC, assuming you were lifted up HDMI specs to 1.4x for 3D?

Thanks!

irads

Post by irads »

Good questions

1. IR On/Off Remote Control. Could the remote switch on a PC that was shutted down or hibernated? Can the current fit PC 2 do this? Does fit PC 3 even have IR receiver?
IR does not support on/off/standby in fit-PC2 / 3
2. WoL. Looks like my fit PC 2 (with always on after power failure) doesn't have that capability. How about that in current fit PC 2 2 GHz model and these 2 upcoming? Will it work also through WLAN or Ethernet only?
fit-PC2i supports WoL. fit-PC2 doesn't. Yet to be checked on fit-PC3.
3. What is estimated power consumption of fit PC 3 and Intense at idle/100 % CPU/GPU loads?
fit-PC3 has several models. Minimal power consumption is about 7W. Too early to discuss IntensePC

4. How suitable these new models would be for HTPC/ FullHD 3D media player setup with software like XBMC and/or VLC, assuming you were lifted up HDMI specs to 1.4x for 3D?

fit-PC3 makes a very good media player thanks to the Radeon GPU. HDMI is 1.3a so no 3D.

pion

Post by pion »

IR does not support on/off/standby in fit-PC2 / 3
How come THE greenest coudn't even wake up on IR beam from standby? IMHO that alone invalidates the internal IR receiver for HTPC configs!
Does fit PC 3 even have IR receiver (can't see it on front panel photo)?
fit-PC2i supports WoL. fit-PC2 doesn't. Yet to be checked on fit-PC3.
If WoL woudn't be supported on fit-PC3, combining with unability to switch unit on from IR, HTPC config has to be run without power saving all the time, means 5 to 7 W on idle CPU. The greenest! :(
Will WoL work through WLAN or Ethernet only? How about curreent fit-PC2i (although I think it's not suitable for HTPC config)?
fit-PC3 makes a very good media player thanks to the Radeon GPU. HDMI is 1.3a so no 3D.
Xtreamer Ultra has been upgraded to include HDMI 1.4 in the last moment as otherwise it wouldn't fulfill 3D TV owners... Considered all above, makes me wonder... and, unfortunately, will rule out as an HTPC contender - Are you sure nothing can be done with the uplifting the specs? HDMI 1.4a shouldn't be much in terms of price. IR receiver that emulates pressing on/off button in between motherboard and power supply is sure easy cake for you guys (even if IR receiver doesn't directly take power from always on USB).

prpixel

Post by prpixel »

Can a SSD be installed in the mini PCi-e slot? If so, can you boot from it? Still on schedule to take orders on Nov. 15?

Thanks,

Return to “Wish list”