Wireless card not visable

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Wireless card not visable

Post by gabrielh »

It's seems like you don't have any wireless network available in range. Can you please check wireless networks availability?

Thanks
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

My Chinese phone and Mac desktop are picking up 4-6 WiFi signals regularly. Within this apartment I am producing a WiFi signal as well from a 2Wire DSL router. There is still no indicator of signal or a menu displaying choices of other signals.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Please go to Synaptic Package Manager, type in quick search "fitpc2". You should see two packages: linux-image... and linux-headers. Please give me what typed under "installed version" column.
Gabriel Heifets

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

I am not finding any results "fitpc2". I have also reinstalled 10.04 LTS because Mint froze up. (Login screen looked small and odd, next screen was black and only had mouse cursor). "Enable Wireless" checked, there's no signal icon on desktop, "Wireless Networks - disconnected" is still shaded and dark.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

If you don't see any fitpc entries, therefore you have installed fit pc2 kernel. Please check if you have an internet connection (LAN) when you install the kernel after linux mint install

Thanks
Gabriel Heifets

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

After sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list sudo , what I have below is found at the end of list just as you see. This is how I entered it.

# WLAN Ralink RT3070 USB (fitPC2i)
#is this needed? :: echo 'blacklist rt2800usb' | sudo tee -a /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

Was that the appropriate way to enter the information?
Can you think of there being a reason why neither Opera or Firefox will connect?
Thank you

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

You confused me a little bit. This entries are shouldn't be there. Let me clarify again: you are using fresh installation of linux mint 9. After finishing standard installation procedure you followed the guide from

http://www.fit-pc2.com/wiki/index.php/I ... nux_Mint_9

Right?
Gabriel Heifets

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Above I noted that I reinstalled 10.04 LTS. Same problem in both Mint and Ubuntu, but after Mint locked up and wouldn't load past the login, I reverted to a clean install of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Yes, I've done the entire list of updating events listed on this forums official how to of the fit install.

biz

Post by biz »

Modern Times wrote:Above I noted that I reinstalled 10.04 LTS. Same problem in both Mint and Ubuntu, but after Mint locked up and wouldn't load past the login, I reverted to a clean install of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. Yes, I've done the entire list of updating events listed on this forums official how to of the fit install.

I had the same problem. No contact with WiFi after installing Mint 9 from CD. I used another computer with internet access to download:
http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/ubuntu/ ... id/binary/
linux-headers-6.2.35 ..> 28-Nov-2010 16:14 577K
linux-headers-6.2.35 ..> 30-Dec-2010 15:21 577K
linux-headers-6.2.35 ..> 28-Nov-2010 16:14 10M
linux-headers-6.2.35 ..> 30-Dec-2010 15:25 10M
linux-image-6.2.35-3 ..> 28-Nov-2010 16:08 16M
linux-image-6.2.35-3 ..> 30-Dec-2010 15:32 16M

On my Mint 9 PC I installed these packages and rebooted Mint PC. After rebooting WiFi worked. I updated Mint 9 over the Internet and followed the instruction in "Required system changes". Except the last point (Remove generic image and sources that are not fully compatible with fit-PC2.) , this last point, got my wifi to disappear again.

switch

Post by switch »

Having similar problems myself; I'm unable to use the wireless on a new, out-of-the-box install.

EDIT:

Fixed it myself after a few installs. USE THE "INSTALLING LINUX MINT ISADORA ON A FIT-PC2" tutorial on the wiki.

The KEY is to NOT restart the fit-PC2 until you're told to by the wiki. Restarting window-style (i.e. after every step) causes problems.

That's it.

Return to “Linux Mint”