Graphics Issue

nickelarse

Graphics Issue

Post by nickelarse »

I have Linux Mint 9 installed on my Fit PC2, and am experiencing a couple of graphics issues. I get the same problems on Gnome as KDE, and have all effects switched off in both.

Issue 1 is displaying pictures in web pages (see attachment firefox.jpg) - very often, pictures are corrupted. Reloading the page fixes it, or displays a different corruption. The same problem also occurs in Konqueror. The BBC News website seems to suffer the most from this problem. Sometimes the corruption also occurs on various items of the Desktop, such as system tray icons and shortcuts.

My second issue involves missing letters in applications, but I'll post separately about this as I can't imagine the two problems are related.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Attachments
firefox.jpg
firefox.jpg (187.12 KiB) Viewed 7831 times

derek

Re: Graphics Issue

Post by derek »

Are you running just the basic Mint or have you installed the fit-PC specific stuff afterwards?

For example, post output from

uname -a

It might help to mention what display interface you are using (HDMI / DVI / VGA) and what resolution.

nickelarse

Post by nickelarse »

Whoops, sorry, yes. I installed all the fit-PC specific stuff - this improved graphics performance no end (it was veeery slow before).

uname -a yields:

Linux fitpc2 2.6.35-34-fitpc2 #2 SMP Thu Dec 30 14:36:27 IST 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

I'm using the DVI to VGA converter supplied by CompuLab to drive an Iiyama S900MT1, though I've tried a few other monitors too, including an LCD TV. Unfortunately, I don't have anything that takes DVI.

derek

Post by derek »

OK, so VGA only but what resolution?

nickelarse

Post by nickelarse »

1152x768
Same occurs at resolutions up to 1600x1200.

Return to “Linux Mint”