Autologon, with FitPC2i and XP

Voxe

Autologon, with FitPC2i and XP

Post by Voxe »

Hello @ all, could be the wrong place in this forum. :mrgreen: But I try to find an answer.

I do not want to start my FitPC2i's with entering the Logon. Meens switch it on, and run. No LOGON.

I put in the regestry via regedit, the well known commands. DefaultUser, DefaultPassword and Autoadminlogon = 1. But it works only for one time. Then I have to change the parameter Autoadminlogon again into "1". This behavier of XP is new for me. :( Who resets that parameter after a restart.

Is there someone, who knows more about that :?:

Greetings, Voxe

yogev_ezra

Re: Autologon, with FitPC2i and XP

Post by yogev_ezra »

Usually if you have only 1 user defined in Windows XP, it will not ask for username but logon this user automatically. But some software like VPN etc. might request the username to be asked even with one user.

fly

Post by fly »

If you have multiple users, you can specific which user to auto-login with tweak ui from microsoft power tools.

Voxe

Post by Voxe »

Hello, I tried with TweakUI before. That program does the same. It sets the parameter in the Regestry. And after "Shutdown" or "Restart" the old value is back.

On my FitPC2i's is no special software. On the other hand, when I start it first time, meens brand new, it wants a login.

If I bring it in "Sleep" it comes back without logon. I removed the hook in Powermanagement for the logon after sleep. So I have to care for "Shutdown" and "Restart".

Greetings Voxe :geek:

fly

Post by fly »

Mh, as I am not used to windows anymore, you might want to follow microsofts own guid for autologon at [1]. If nothing works, what about using a startup script which takes care of the registry settings? You can try to delete the password from the username, too. This might seem insecure, but iirc this will deactivate remote connections for this users and only allow local logins.

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... logon.mspx

Voxe

Post by Voxe »

First, thanks to Fly :mrgreen: for the tip, which sounds good. I am going to test it direct on Monday and post the result.

I hope the problem is solved with that :lol:

Return to “Windows XP”