Latest Realtek Windows 8 driver has a patch.exe in it

Windows Vista, Windows 2000, XP Embedded, Windows CE, Windows Server etc.
vtailor

Latest Realtek Windows 8 driver has a patch.exe in it

Post by vtailor »

I am doing this from Windows 8 running on the fit-pc2i z530. I finally figured out how to install the very latest Windows 8 audio driver from Realtek in Taiwan into Windows 8. You have to drag Windows 8 figuratively kicking and screaming into installing this unsigned, unverified driver. If you do, the next thing is to poke around inside the /program files/realtek directory and find the patch.exe program. Click on patch.exe, and restart for good luck. Voila, the analog plug suddenly works.

If you are only using the spdif sound, not the analog, and who isn't these days, then the standard Windows 11 driver ought to work.

vtailor

Re: Latest Realtek Windows 8 driver has a patch.exe in it

Post by vtailor »

Well, actually, the Windows 7 audio driver downloaded from the fit-pc2 downloads has patch.exe in it and running setup under Windows 8 brings up the patch.exe program, exactly as in Windows XP, after which sound works correctly.

But, you have to run the setup.exe program and restart to get patch.exe to run.

Not like the Windows 7 gma500 video driver, where the instructions advise to get the Windows 8 system to scan for an updated video driver in the directory of the unzipped driver.

Return to “Other Windows versions”