Is there a source of Vista Drivers?

Windows Vista, Windows 2000, XP Embedded, Windows CE, Windows Server etc.
LEGOManiac

Is there a source of Vista Drivers?

Post by LEGOManiac »

I do everything in Linux, but, alas, come tax time, I'm always forced to return to Windows. I just got my FitPC2i today and one of the first tings I did was to pop the Windows 7 hard disk from my netbook (which now has a larger hard disk that the factory-supplied one and now runs Linux) into the FitPC2i in the faint hope that it would actually work. Windows installations have never liked to change hardware platforms, so as I expected, it wouldn't boot.

This is the factory disk (with the recovery partition) for my netbook so I don't want to re-install over it.

For my next attempt, I grabbed the hard disk (Vista) from my now dead HP laptop. Vista wouldn't boot either but at least I felt OK about re-installing it. It's taken almost 2 hours and I've now discovered that I have no network interfaces. The wired network interfaces don't show up in device manager but the wireless one does, although it indicates there are no drivers installed.

Does anyone know a source for the drivers? I'm trying to install Vista because at least I have a legitimate license for it (I bought the Vista Ultimate a year before the laptop died).

Also, I notice that the left hand ethernet port does not light up when I connect it to my network, but the right hand one does. I'm puzzled by this and a bit concerned that this may indicate a problem with my ethernet jacks???

Leonid

Re: Is there a source of Vista Drivers?

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

Please, perform the following sequence:
1. Shut down the fit-PC2i.
2. Disconnect the power cable.
3. Wait for 10-15 sec.
4. Connect the cable again.
5. Power on the fit-PC2i.
6. Open the Device Manager.
7. Check if all Realtek Ethernet Controllers exist.
8. If they exist, download the appropriate Ethernet driver from Realtek site: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/
Look for RTL8111B
9. Install the driver.
10. After driver installation, check if Ethernet works properly.
Leonid Firdman

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

You can use the attached driver.
Attachments
Driver_Vista_6246_02212011.zip
(601.72 KiB) Downloaded 554 times
Leonid Firdman

LEGOManiac