Video problem after 23 dec bios update

per

Video problem after 23 dec bios update

Post by per »

I updated my bios yesterday and now have a strange problem.

I have a 21" LG TV/Monitor connected to the HMDI port. This has been working well during the 2 weeks I have had the fit-PC2 so far.

My fit-PC2 is really a server which means that I only use the monitor in the evenings to watch movies. The rest of the time I switch the power off for the TV using the TV remote.

Since the bios update whenever I switch off the screen the computer either crashes and ends up at the "Intel" screen, or gets back in Windows with a black background and a message saying "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered".

I did set overclock to 108% but have ran extensive tests now with cpu at 100% and checking all other bios settings. The problem remains.

irads

Re: Video problem after 23 dec bios update

Post by irads »

in bios you can enable or disable lcd clock. try changing that.
in another post you specified that you did not install all drivers. this may be relevant.

per

Re: Video problem after 23 dec bios update

Post by per »

Thanks Irads,

Thanks, setting "LCD clock" to "Enabled" (from the default Disabled) solved the problem perfectly.

The fit-PC2 is still a fairly new computer and as most people on this forum I am testing it to the max in order to make it better and so I will keep report my findings and suggestions for a while. I have been running a software development company for 20 years and know the industry quite well.

I did post another message about the drivers as you said, and I think it is quite relevant in order to optimize the performance of the computer. A discussion to answer that post is most welcome. I often find that the included drivers and utilities is what can make a pc better than competitors.

I also think it could be a good idea to publish a more descriptive explanation on all bios settings and perhaps rethink some default values as the "LCD clock" as seen above. I have for example changed "Processor full speed" from GV3 to Enabled but have no clue what it does, and I am also curious to know what "Intel Virtualization" does and if it should not be Enabled by default.

Return to “fit-PC2 BIOS”