Fit-PC2 running XP without a monitor attached

NVass

Re: Fit-PC2 running XP without a monitor attached

Post by NVass »

fluffy cloud. Thank you for your guiding hand ref sytax etc.

I have followed everything correctly but now I get an error telling me the "This Computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" when it is already running at these display settings.

I have also tried to uninstalling the driver, reboot, abort the "found new hardware wizard " and installig manualy as above- same result.

Any more ideas!

Where are the paramenters held, can I change them in the registry or wherever they are!

Neil

NVass

Post by NVass »

Irads,
I have now also tried Teamviewer 4 as a method to control the Fit PC2 without a Monitor attached. This software also falls over for the same reason, namely I cannot set the default values of the GMA500 to anything other than 640*480*4bit which is simply too low to work with, even If I could get remote control software to work with it, which I cannot.
All the good instructions posted in this thread seem to end up with the GMA500 setup software falling over during installation if you try to set any parameters. It works fine as simply Setup.exe.
I have searched everywhere I can think of without success and it looks as if other people are having similar problems with the GMA500.
Where are these parameters held! Can they be altered in say the registry!
It seems to me that this problem excludes the fit-pc2 from one of its target markets, namely the home entertainment server.
I not that there is a new GMA500 driver for Vista but can find no mention as to whether upgrading to Vista and installing the new driver may solve the problem. So I am unwilling to try right now.
Do you have any more suggestions before I ditch this project all together!

Thanks
Neil

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Did you try Remote Desktop as suggested by Xtrmrider and Irad?
Try it at least to rule out the problem with your specific unit.

NVass

Post by NVass »

yogev_ezra

No I have not. I will try that in the morning and post results.

Having said that I have two Fit - PC2 and both are behaving the same so I doubt its a specific machine problem.

Neil

irads

Post by irads »

The obvious choice is to use Windows Remote Desktop. It is independent of host display settings. The RDP server is available in XP Pro, but not in XP Home.

NVass

Post by NVass »

yogev_ezra and irads,

After much grief I have managed to get Windows Remote Desktop runnng on one of the machines.

I have to say I don't particularly like it as a solution, however it does work' which is more than can be said for the other solutions.

it's so "clunky", but until I can find a better solution I will run with this.

Thanks for your help guys

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Maybe you can also try VNC and LogMeIn?

supramod

Post by supramod »

a good & free multiplatform vnc server / player: TightVNC
(opensource too)
http://www.tightvnc.com/

bunny

Post by bunny »

VNC will eat your cpu, it is quite inefficient when running.
If you must use windows, RDP hurts least.

You can, of course, find hacks to make RDP work without disconnecting the console user.

RISC

Post by RISC »

We have tried all entries mentioned without any success. We get the best resolution when de-installing the GMA500 from Intel and than accessing the Fit PC thru RealVNC remote control. (Fit-PC configured as Server Remote PC = Client with default values no password, Firewall switched off) We are using freeware from http://www.realvnc.com. For remote applications without Monitor connectet to Fit-PC2 we need urgently a solution to get higher resullution.

Return to “Display driver”