Windows 7 display driver constantly crashing after FW update

Louk

Windows 7 display driver constantly crashing after FW update

Post by Louk »

Hi,

I just upgraded the firmware to the latest version (d.d. 24122009). But Windows 7 decided to install critical updates right after this update, so I don't know what is causing this. For the moment I put my bet on the firmware update, because the display was already flashing during the installation of the updates (more than I was used to when I installed XP updates before).

As soon as Windows shows the desktop, the display driver start failing and is then recovered by Windows.

The only moment this is NOT happening, is when I have Centrafuse running. I think this is because of Centrafuse is changing the resolution settings to low res (800 * 640).

And in save mode it is not crashing. So I installed the video drivers (from FIT-PC) again. Sadly, this did not help very much.

Can this have something to do with the new settings, like spread spectrum or over clocking (right after the update this value was 100% and I did not change any BIOS parameter)?

Best Regards,

Louk,

irads

Re: Windows 7 display driver constantly crashing after FW update

Post by irads »

Make sure to enable LCD clock in BIOS.

Louk

Post by Louk »

Will do that in a moment (is disabled now), but can't report about this until this evening.

Thanks for the quick response.

Louk

Louk

Post by Louk »

Hi Irad,

Yes, that did help!!!!

Thanks again.

Best Regards Louk.

Return to “Display driver”