Flash videos

Players, codecs, and video acceleration
irads

Re: Flash videos

Post by irads »

True. Flash HD video does not play well on fit-PC2 and on Atom in general.
Flash SD video does play fine.
Hopefully sooner or later Adobe will optimize Flash player to take advantage of SIMD extensions and GPUs - but don't hold your breath - this pledge is being made repeatedly for years to no avail.

elektromodely.com

Post by elektromodely.com »

Charybdis wrote:
Charybdis wrote:Dear Admin,

could you point your browser to Vimeo.com/hd and try out some Flash HD videos on full screen on FitPC2?

Just make sure the video is fully downloaded, because it can lag if it is not fully downloaded. Also make sure it is full screen (video size must be 1280x720), click on the little square in the bottom right corner in the flash video. Also click on the "HD on/off" button, because by default it is not HD-quality. Thanks!

Do the videos play smoothly?
Then I assume the computer cannot play smoothly the above videos.
Hi,

I tried to play these videos today on my demo fit-PC2 - not only 1280x720, but some 1920x1080 too (from other web servers) - all 720p and 1080p videos I tried play smoothly. Download the video file aaa, then use mplayer aaa, tested on Ubuntu 9.04.

Best Regards,
Miroslav

ypnos

Post by ypnos »

There is VA-API patch for Gnash, the open source Flash player. Did anyone try that? It should in theory be able to play HD flash movies.

Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Some got gnash-vaapi run on ubuntu? I also like to watch youtube HD-Videos.

Return to “Multimedia in Linux”