Creative's Wireless Headset does not work OK (USB1.1)

USB ports capabilities
jangun

Creative's Wireless Headset does not work OK (USB1.1)

Post by jangun »

Hello,
My Creative's Digital Wireless Gaming Headset HS-1200 does not work OK on my fit-PC2. The sound is distorted or interrupted, to some extent dependant on the music intensity. I have tried to connect it to different USB ports, including the right front mini USB port. All USB ports except the front left port shall support USB 1.1 which is the standard that the headset follows. I have also tried to remove other USB devices that I have attached to the fit-PC2 but that did not change the audio quality as such. Wireless interference could possibly be a problem but I have changed the position of the headset transceiver in relation to the fit-PC2 antenna without any improvements of the audio situation.

The headset has worked fine with an older stationary PC and a more recent laptop. Can there be a problem for the fit-PC2 to handle the USB1.1 standard in this case?

BR Jan

irads

Re: Creative's Wireless Headset does not work OK (USB1.1)

Post by irads »

Disable C-States in BIOS - leave only GV3.

jangun

Post by jangun »

Hi,
Thanks for the C-state "leave only GV3" tip! When I try this things work much better but not perfect. I can still hear "clicks" in the sound stream.

One comment I got from Creative was: "If you are able to change the USB speed of your nettop, make sure that it is running 2.0 at full speed to ensure that fastest data transfer from the headset to the computer and vice versa." Is this something I can control on my fit-PC2? How in that case?

BR Jan

irads

Post by irads »

Check
- latest US15W drivers
- another USB port
- effect of screen resolution on audio quality
- if possible increase priority of playback application

Return to “USB”