Is there any battery for fit-pc2?

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
yogev_ezra

Re: Is there any battery for fit-pc2?

Post by yogev_ezra »

You can buy any 12V battery (Fit-PC2 has a standard 12V input). The amount of time it will hold depends on the capacity. You can find batteries which will work for 4-6 hours.

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

We are offering a 50Wh battery, with output for charging/powering a USB device at the same time (display?), at the Fit-PC UK site (http://www.fit-pc.co.uk for details).

The battery auto-detects voltage required, is built to work at industrial temperature ranges, takes just 3 hours to charge and has LED indicators to show how much charge it has left.

Includes a variety of input and output tips as well.

Benjamin
Fit-PC UK Team

Jim

Post by Jim »

I just bought one of these to backup my Fit-PC2, cablemodem and router:

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/tec ... sku=BE750G

My delivered price was US$86, so it's pretty inexpensive, yet includes many advanced features including full software monitoring and control (via USB connection) to power down the PC gracefully if the battery is running out of juice.

The software tells me, though, that my Fit-PC2, modem and router combined are only drawing 13 watts, so it gives me at least 2.5 hours of runtime during a power outage - plenty for 99% of the outages that occur here. All my devices are on a big voltage conditioner/filter for protection, but since the Fit-PC doesn't turn on automatically after power restore I wanted a workaround solution. Keeping the modem/router running is a little bonus.

I have 4 APC UPS systems; it's a great line of products. Naturally, the make localized versions for other voltage/frequency mains supply.

slebihan

Post by slebihan »

Hi,
does the battery sold at the Fit-PC UK site includes full software monitoring and control as the battery mentionned in previous post ? I'm interested in capacities and dimension of Fit-PC UK site batteries, but also in using battery management functions as in laptop (for example : clean shutdown of windows when battery power is low, estimated time up...).

benjgil

Post by benjgil »

Hi there,

This is Benjamin from Fit-PC UK.

The battery currently being sold on our site does not have software monitoring and control - there are LEDs on the battery itself to let you know the percentage charge left, but no connection to the PC other than the power input.

It is designed primarily as a portable battery option, and not as a full power management system, and will provide 5 hours' charge time, with the option to add a top-up battery pack available (+£65) to bring that up to 10 hours use of your Fit-PC2.

That said, we're still on the lookout for other similar options to enable portable power whilst also providing power management, but have not come across any as yet.

I hope that answers your question.

Benjamin

slebihan

Post by slebihan »

We would like to embed fit pc2 in stand alone system. So, our problem is to find a complete battery solution that suit to fit-PC2. It means a tiny battery pack(low weight is important for us) and software manager for batteries.

Leaving alone fit-pc2 on battery without software control could lead to uncontroled system shutdown that may corrupt applications or file system.

Has any one got any idea where I could find such a solution ?

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”