hi,
can fit-pc2 be ordered from france ?
didn't find any website...

thanks,
anicet

yogev_ezra

Re: Order from France ?

Post by yogev_ezra »

You would be able to order directly from this site via Paypal in a few weeks. A list of distributors will be posted soon as well. For now you can order from a distributor in Belgium: http://www.fit-pc.info/

tmoutet

Post by tmoutet »

Hi,

I just write this message to inform you to be careful of customs charges !

I directly placed an order on this website from France for a Fit-PC2-linux few week ago and just received it last week.
Its price was $359 for Fit-PC2 and $43.74 more (shipping and handling), what reaches $402.74.

Today, a UPS guy became and ask me $102.28 more for customs charges.
Do you think that it is ok ?
I said him to become tomorrow but I think I have no other choice to give him that money !

Regards.
Thierry.

fluffycloud

Post by fluffycloud »

You ordered product direct from outside EU, so they charge you customs to import the product. Check your prices against the two EU distributors and see if what you pay plus customs is roughly equivelent to their prices.

-Fluffy

serak

Post by serak »

Theoretically price $402.74 + VAT 19.6% (for France I think) + 0% (customs charges) = $481,68

I'm not sure, if all states of EU have the same conditions for customs charges, but I think, computers are goods with 0% of customs charges.

So, something is wrong ... (difference cca $23)

edit: due to misunderstanding.
Last edited by serak on Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

Sometimes people think that the VAT is customs charges. I believe what he was charged was the VAT in France + some small amount for VAT papers preparation (UPS, DHL, TNT etc. charge some amount for this).

So it could be 80$ for the VAT + 20$ for papers preparation. In Israel when you order goods from abroad, the charges for VAT paper preparation are about the same (20$).

INOVIS

Post by INOVIS »

customers charges depend on the forwarder. every forwarder has different amounts. by the way: this charge has nothing to do with the customs, it's the money you have to pay that the forwarder is filling in those details. by from a local partner and everything will be easier :).

ender

Post by ender »

I ordered Fit-PC2 diskless, which was $305+$61,14 for postage. There was no customs charges, but I did have to pay 20% VAT (53,49€ as expected) and 7,51€ for "bank guarantee" (according to the UPS invoice).

When the package arrived to the UPS inbound hub, they contacted me by phone to ask where could they (e-)mail me the customs form, and after I e-mailed that back, I got another call, because the customs officer wasn't sure how to classify the Fit-PC2 :) . After this was done, I received an electronic confirmation of import, and the next day the package arrived (the package arrived in the country on Wensday, and was delivered to me on Thursday).

All in all, the total cost for Fit-PC2 diskless was 326,90€.

Mylife

Post by Mylife »

I ordered two Linux Fit-PC2 on this site.
I've been waiting for 17 days now ...
Can you tell me how long it takes to receive the parcel in France ?
Thanks.

fluffycloud

Post by fluffycloud »

Have you received your shipping confirmation with UPS tracking number yet?
You may have to wait another 13 days for that, on the order page there was a "lead time" mentioned of 4 weeks.

-Fluffy

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”