Comparison ION chipset - fit-PC2?

Post freely any questions you have about fit-PC2
Superschüssel

Comparison ION chipset - fit-PC2?

Post by Superschüssel »

Good evening,

right now I am using an ION based computer (Revo 3610) but am not that satisfied yet. Is there a comparison between ION and fit-PC2? Any table to compare which codec works better with the one or the other? Less CPU usage during playback and such?
Can fit-PC2 play Pure HD, 3rd generation?
I have some problems with MKV on ION, mostly have no sound and it is really slow. What about fit-PC2?

irads

Re: Comparison ION chipset - fit-PC2?

Post by irads »

The GMA500 in fit-PC2 usually does not offer higher performance than ION, but it consumes far less power. If you are not satisfied with performance of an ION system, it is unlikely that fit-PC2 will perform better.

Superschüssel

Post by Superschüssel »

I know about power consumption. I am not satisfied with HDTV playback on ION. Therefore I asked my questions. Those are not about general CPU performance but about HDTV performance.

Superschüssel

Post by Superschüssel »

So can anybody comment on the above questions? Is it a plain GMA500 vs. GeForce 9400 comparison or is there something more?

mpatel

Post by mpatel »

Are you referring to resolution support? What exactly are you not satisfied about HD and your HDTV in the ION?

Superschüssel

Post by Superschüssel »

Nice to see that I do not get a notify on new posts although the ckechmark is set. I just accidently read your post.
All the questions and things I am not satisfied with I already put in the original post. Please have a look at it. It is not about resolution but high CPU usage, slow playback of e.g. 1080p MKV videos, but also sometimes AVI files, no sound on MKV videos in high resolution, just a stuttered slideshow that I already had with my ancient Athlon XP, no matter which player and codec I chose upto now (Windows Media Player, VLC, Real Player, MPlayer ... all with their recommended plus additional codecs like K-Lite).

elupus

Post by elupus »

MKV is a container not a codec. It's up to player to support and has nothing todo with hardware.. Same goes for your audio issues.

Return to “General fit-PC2 questions”