fit-pc2 power consumption

Power discussions, CPU and case temperature
andybee

fit-pc2 power consumption

Post by andybee »

Does the 6W power consumption figure for the fit-pc2 include any conversion losses from the power supply? Is the total power draw measured at the A/C outlet or is it measured by the amount of DC power consumed?

Thanks,
Andy

irads

Re: fit-pc2 power consumption

Post by irads »

6W is measured on the fit-PC2 DC input.
The power supply shipped with fit-PC2 has over 80% efficiency.

fluffycloud

Post by fluffycloud »

Hmm, 6w of dc input... power supply doing a bunch of conversions, but the wattage should be the same rite? 7.5w * 0.80 efficient = 6w?

So, that should mean 7.5w on the ac outlet that's hooked up to my power bill? Still perfectly reasonable.

Or have I got my general assumption that ac watts will equal dc watts minus the efficiency of the power supply?

-Fluffy

irads

Post by irads »

Your numbers are right.

Driber

power consumption

Post by Driber »

Hi,

I have a question about the power consumption. It states in the specifications that it uses "6W at low CPU load". Is this measured before or after the power adapter?

In other words, is that 6 Watt the real amount of power it consumes or do you have to add the power consumption of the adapter to get the real figure?

Jethro

Re: power consumption

Post by Jethro »

Driber wrote:Hi,

I have a question about the power consumption. It states in the specifications that it uses "6W at low CPU load". Is this measured before or after the power adapter?

In other words, is that 6 Watt the real amount of power it consumes or do you have to add the power consumption of the adapter to get the real figure?
If you read two posts up, there's the answer. 6W /80% efficiency = 7.5W from the outlet - the actual power usage.

Driber

Post by Driber »

yes I see it, I actually posted my question somewhere else and it got moved to this thread. thanks

MattW

Post by MattW »

Does the 1.1Ghz version of the Fit-PC2 consume less power than the 1.6Ghz version? Or is it about the same? I also assume the 1.1Ghz model runs cooler, yes?

irads

Post by irads »

Atom systems are unique in that very little power is consumed by the CPU itself and the CPU dynamic power management is very efficient. Therefore power consumption difference between 1.6GHz and 1.1GHz is very small.

halestorm

Post by halestorm »

Does the 6-8W (depending on CPU usage) figure include the hard drive?

Also, what is this "standby" mode where it draws <1W and how do you get to standby, from Windows? from Linux?

thanks,
Dave
http://evalbum.com/2500
almost no reason to burn gasoline anymore

Return to “Power and Heat”