Fit-PC2i does not recognize my mini-sd card

Hard disks, SSD, SATA interface, external HDD
yzh

Fit-PC2i does not recognize my mini-sd card

Post by yzh »

I bought the following mini-sd card:
http://media.conrad.com/m/4000_4999/410 ... FB.EPS.jpg

I installed OpenBSD 4.7 via VMWare onto the mini-sd card, but the fit-pc2i does not boot it so it seems it does not recognize it.

I have a fit-PC2i revision 1.2.

irads

Re: Fit-PC2i does not recognize my mini-sd card

Post by irads »

Please specify serial number of your fit-PC2i.
Make sure to include SD in BIOS boot sequence.

yzh

Post by yzh »

My Fit-PC2i serial number:

D1G-C1600-W
100614-209

SD is included in the boot menu.

irads

Post by irads »

Your fit-PC2i should be able to boot from SD. Just to make sure - check that BIOS is dated 22-Apr-2010 (on BIOS main page).

What kind of message do you receive at boot?
Are you certain the SD card is indeed bootable? Did you boot it successfully with another computer? You may also try to load another bootable OS onto the SD to double check.

yzh

Post by yzh »

irads wrote:Your fit-PC2i should be able to boot from SD. Just to make sure - check that BIOS is dated 22-Apr-2010 (on BIOS main page).
My bios is dated 25-April-2010.
irads wrote:What kind of message do you receive at boot?
It says "Operating System not found"
irads wrote:Are you certain the SD card is indeed bootable? Did you boot it successfully with another computer? You may also try to load another bootable OS onto the SD to double check.
I have no other machine that can boot from SD so I cannot test this. The same image however works with my USB key on the Fit-PC2i. And by booting the USB key and then inserting the SD card, the card is recognized by the OS and can also mount it.. just can't boot from it.

I have also tested with disabling all other boot options and only allowing SD card.. it still gives "Operating System not found".

Leonid

Post by Leonid »

Hi.

Please perform the following test:
1. Connect your SD card to the desktop computer. Check that the SD card is recognized properly.
2. Download the bios-update.zip file from here: http://www.fit-pc2.com/download/bios/bios_update.zip
3. Unzip bios-update.zip file.
4. Run ImUpdate.exe file.
5. Select Target - desired disk (by letter/size). Pay attention Target size is limited to 2 GB
6. Select Source image - 128MBDOS.img.
7. Press Start Restore to proceed.
8. Wait until completion - "Finished" will appear under Messages.
9. Close ImUpdate application.
10. Disconnect SD card from desktop and connect to your fit-PC2.
11. Reboot fit-PC2.
12. fit-PC2 should boot to DOS from the SD card.
Leonid Firdman

yogev_ezra

Post by yogev_ezra »

I had success with booting floppy images from SD cards. I used Win32DiskImager to write floppy image on SD card, and then the card was bootable in Fit-PC2 with latest BIOS (April 2010).

The problem was the images themselves - most images did not know how to handle the fact that they are booted from SD card, so they got stuck in the middle of the boot. This is not Fit-PC2 problem however, as the same image could not be booted properly anywhere. So far I managed to boot only 2 images fine:
1) Compulab Embedded DOS image that is supplied with BIOS Flash tool (128MBDOS.IMG)
2) Super Grub Disk floppy image (sgd_floppy_1.30.img). http://www.supergrubdisk.org/

This is already some progress, and I guess if you tinker around with Super Grub Disk, you can force it to boot almost anything. If I have more time in the future, I will try it and post here.

Return to “Storage”