Auto Resume on power loss

alhambra

Auto Resume on power loss

Post by alhambra »

One great feature in the first Slim Fit pc was the auto restart on power loss.
Is there a workaround in power failure so that the fit pc2 restarts without hitting the power switch on the front panel?

irads

Re: Auto Resume on power loss

Post by irads »

Unlike fit-PC Slim, fit-PC2 does not automatically wakes up on power resume.

alhambra

Post by alhambra »

Is there a workaround, hardware (grounding one of the switch wires?) automatic wake up is essential in the enviroment I use the fit PC2.

irads

Post by irads »

Currently there is no easy workaround. You may prevent power loss using a small uniterrupted-power-supply.

alhambra

Post by alhambra »

I would not mind using the solder iron to tweak inside, if you give me some clues, (of course it will void the guarantee) but these units are really sturdy.

BTW it is impossible in the environment I use the fit pc, to use a mini UPS.

Many thanks in advance

irads

Post by irads »

Unfortunately, if this was a simple tweak with a soldering iron we would have done it ourselves.

kco_mike

Post by kco_mike »

My company is currently using several of the FitPC Slims in different applications, and the Boot On Power and Resume After Power Loss features are essential to our applications. We are looking into moving to an Atom based solution, so when we heard about the FitPC2 we became very excited.

Will the FitPC2s ever have these capabilities through a bios or firmware update of some sort? If so, how likely is it that this will happen?

nraz

Post by nraz »

I agree. Boot on power and Resume after power loss are critical to our application as well, and a UPS is not an option. This is unfortunate as we have an immediate need for 10-20 units and a projected need of 200-300 units over the next 12 months, but will have to go with another solution if this can't be addressed.

diffy

Post by diffy »

I think there is an issue to auto resume on power loss with a little external circuit.
something like, opening the fitpc, solder wires to the on/off button, and make a little circuit which triggers the on/off button when the power voltage rise up. but I think that this method will cancel the guarantee of the product... :)

alhambra

Post by alhambra »

No problem with loosing garantee.
I agree with the hardware workaround, great solution.
Do you have a circuit diagram for the modification ?

8-)

Return to “Auto-ON”