Auto Resume on power loss

irads

Re: Auto Resume on power loss

Post by irads »

Not all BIOSes are made the same. In particular when it comes to power management. The suggestion to offer BIOS option on power resume behavior is easier said when done.

We use Phoenix BIOS stored on an serial flash soldered on board. The shiny sticker is there.

ender

Post by ender »

The auto power on options in BIOS just control a circuit. Without the circuit, they're useless.

As for the BIOS chip, while they're usually quite big on typical desktop motherboards, they don't have to be. I've got a Geode-based embedded board with Award BIOS, and there's no bulky BIOS chip on it (the sticker was on the CS5536 chip).

Cram

Post by Cram »

I have contacted the Dutch distributor but they know nothing about an auto resume on power loss gizmo for the fit-PC 2. Is it already clear when this option will be available for the general public?

In an earlier post it was mentioned that this gizmo will not cost anything. Later on there is mention that it will not be free. So I would like to know what it will be ;)

Thanks in advance for any info.

irads

Post by irads »

The feature is available from resellers that decide to stock it.
We do not charge distributors extra for the auto-on feature.

Cram

Post by Cram »

Thank you very very much Irads :D. I will contact my distributor and hopefully they will decide to stock it. Thanks again!

irads

Post by irads »

www.fit-pc.co.uk intend to stock auto-on units. You may check with them.

Timon_and_Pumba

Post by Timon_and_Pumba »

Aiming at other distributors as well, how should customers recognize this "auto-on" feature. Is it just an updated Fit-Pc2, or will it be presented as an option, like the WIFI and the type of disk that is supplied.

Thanks,
Timon

irads

Post by irads »

CompuLab is designating this feature as the -ON option in the part number. eg FITPC2-C1600-H-W-XP-ON
The distributor should know about whether he has it or not and is likely to advertise that.

Stefan_1982

Post by Stefan_1982 »

Hello
So i am very interesting in a bigger IPTV Project with the FIT PC2.
Now i have same questions.

So the solution with the FITPC2-C1600-H-W-XP-ON is only when power goes off/on the PC will start automatically.

For using the PC as a IPTV Mediacenter i need a powered usb in Standby.
That i can wake up the PC with a Remote control.
Is there any solution for that?

Thanks,
Stefan

irads

Post by irads »

USBs are not powered during standby.
Power consumption when disk is parked and display is off may be as low as 3W. You really do not need to go to standby.

Return to “Auto-ON”