bypass power on/off switch

shefy

bypass power on/off switch

Post by shefy »

The fit-pc1 was not equipped with on/off switch. Therefore , once the power plug was inserted into the AC socket, the PC was automatically turned-on. This was useful for application when the unit was closed inside a case and once the AC power was off and then ON, there was no need to open the case and turn –n the power of the unit.
The new FIT-PC2 is equipped with ON/OFF switch. For our use this is not so convenient.
Therefore we are looking for procedure to bypass or eliminate the operation of the ON/OFF switch so the once the AC power will return the FIT-PC2 will reboot and back to life automatically.

Thank you
Shefy
054 5216315

irads

Re: bypass power on/off switch

Post by irads »

See other discussions on the Technical » fit-PC2 hardware » Instant-ON forum.

Timon_and_Pumba

Post by Timon_and_Pumba »

I read all the discussion on this topic. The question keep coming though.
I have ordered (but not yet received) a Fit-pc2 without the instant-on feature.

I know that there are issues with warranty when modifications are made to the product, but I want to ask this question anyway.
Is there any way some collaboration is possible, for example providing information, on how a home user (perhaps with some basic electric engineering knowledge) can modify its fit-pc2 to be always on when power is applied?
I do not know how fancy or basic the instant-on modification is that is shipped with some fit-pc2s, but for example I mean short-circuiting the power-on button (this will probably not work, but this is the kind of solutions I think of).

@any moderator: you may remove this post if desired, but consider the user demand for a solution to this problem. Thank you.

irads

Post by irads »

The wiring for instant-on is much more complicated than short circuiting the power switch, and involve adding some components. We do not support this modification by users.

Return to “Auto-ON”