Note to the Gabbai: Compulab version of android for the x86

vtailor

Note to the Gabbai: Compulab version of android for the x86

Post by vtailor »

There are asus and hp and other versions of android for the x86, and I have been puzzling over why Compulab never weighed in with a version of their own. The reasons I say this are that I know it would be an inexpensive development project assigned to, say, a Technion Computer Science Department class in project management, with the professor being paid a reasonable amount for making the semester project the addition of the KMS psb_gfx module and the fbdev_drv to the android data base. The work involving advanced intel architectures and amd graphics is largely done. Collaborating with your North American distributor on android apps for accessing amazon.com and buying things such as x86 compatible apps, streaming video viewers, etc., could even pay for the cost of the "extra" development.

Since android can run in memory on a fit-pc2 with 1G, leaving 500M to spare, an installed version would be compatible with everything you sell or have sold. If you do it right, you could minimize the cost of development and leave room for advances later. In other words, what do you have to lose?

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Note to the Gabbai: Compulab version of android for the

Post by gabrielh »

If you like Android OS in a miniature form factor PC, you can try this product http://utilite-computer.com/web/home.
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “FreeBSD”