Did my Gpu die?

Lewis.Lattaz

Did my Gpu die?

Post by Lewis.Lattaz »

So I've been using my Airtop 3 pc recently for Virtual Reality a couple of hours at a time and it gets pretty hot, somewhere between 65 and 75 degrees which is quite a big jump from an idle temp of 30-35 on a warm day. Even when I use Cinema 4D I only get between 55-65 degrees celcius for about 20 mins at a time so its never had any real issues.

So, I was using it in VR for a few hours when it turned itself off abruptly, I took off my VR headset and saw the temperatures on the faceplate display went black and the only signs of life was a yellow power button. I didn't think it was that much of an issue, until I could smell this horrible burning chemical smell that filled the entire room and gave me a real bad headache so I switched everything off at the wall, removed all the wires and moved the Airtop to an open window to cool it down and get rid of the smell. Now when I connect all the wires again and turn it on it makes a small clicking sound every second and there's no colour in the power buttons led. The airtop logo flickers for a millisecond each time there's a clicking sound so I think my Quadro Rtx 4000 gpu might have died. Something similar but probably unrelated happened a few months back when I attempted to insert a USB (accidentally) the wrong side around which caused the entire pc to turn off instantly, no smell though.

I'm using a smartphone so here's a video link showing the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10VMloH ... p=drivesdk

Specs are:
Core i9-9700k
Quadro Rtx 4000
16GB RAM
1TB HDD
WiFi adapter
FM-AT3
Commercial Temperature range

irads

Re: Did my Gpu die?

Post by irads »

Thank you for the detailed description and for the video.
From the description it appears that a component in a power circuit failed.
Your Airtop3 is under 5 year warranty and we are taking full responsibility of this abnormal behavior - you are entitled to have the system replaced or refunded.

We were able to retrieve your order details. We will send you an email on how to proceed with RMA.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

ferit.tuncer

Re: Did my Gpu die?

Post by ferit.tuncer »

I am having a similar issue. Last night, to test my Quadro RTX 4000, I run Ethminer and went to sleep. GPU utilization was %100. I woke up today and my computer is not booting up. Clicking sound every second, FACE module flashes for a brief moment simultaneously with the clicking sound.

Here is a video of it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-lS-K ... sp=sharing

Return to “Airtop3 Hardware”