Picture is zoomed when FitPC2 with hdmi on LCD HDTV

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
TRS

Picture is zoomed when FitPC2 with hdmi on LCD HDTV

Post by TRS »

Hello,
I have a problem, my fitpc2 is connected to my LCD HDTV (samsung LE32R73BD) with a hdmi cable.
And the screen is zommed, for example on the BIOS screen, the last line (Esc Exit, <> Select Menu, Enter, ...) is horizontal splitted by the border of my TV.
On Ubuntu I can't see the menu bars on the top and the bottom of the screen (left and right border have the same problem).
I've looked to my TV settings and there are no hdmi parameters or other parameters that can zoom the image.
I have other hdmi components (DVD player, Xbox360) that are not affected by this problem, that's why I think the problem is on the FitPc.
Can you help me please?

irads

Re: Picture is zoomed when FitPC2 with hdmi on LCD HDTV

Post by irads »

It may be overscanning which is a TV setting, discussed on the forum.
You may try a different resolution to see if your TV disables overscanning on that resolution.

mutrax

Post by mutrax »

Hello,

I just bought 3 fitpc2's for field testing...
However on my DVI pc monitor I'm having the same effect can't seem to fix it by playing with the xorg properties... I'm sure its the signal, because the bios page doesn't fit on the screen either. I have a samsung 2343bw dvi enabled screen

At one of my test subjects house, the sony HD tv via hdmi showed the same issue. This is a sony viera thing...

How does one fix this problem concequently? I'm planning on selling these to people ho just need a simple, working, no frills PC. :mrgreen:

irads

Post by irads »

Most PC displays present VGA 640x480 (BIOS screen) properly. You may adjust monitor width / height.

With the SONY TV check overscanning and other resolutions.

Return to “Display interface”