HDMI to DVI-D

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
rvaneynd

HDMI to DVI-D

Post by rvaneynd »

I'm getting a bit frustrated with my Fit-PC2 Turbo....

I'm have now tried 3 monitors (all support DVI-D)

- ViewSonic VA2012w
- Daewoo HL920WA
- Dell 1505FP

At the moment I can only get the Dell 1505FP to work, but this is no good as it only support a resolution of up to 1024x786

Does anybody know why the other monitors (Daewoo and ViewSonic) do not want to work?

Rgds,
Frustrated Dutch Man.

irads

Re: HDMI to DVI-D

Post by irads »

Which OS are you using?

rvaneynd

Post by rvaneynd »

I'm using Windows 7 RC. But I am not sure if this matters as I do not even get the BIOS screen on the monitors.

irads

Post by irads »

Practically all displays should be able to present the BIOS screen (640x480).
Since you get this on the DELL display, fit-PC2 display interface is working.
Check the cabling and whether the other displays are getting any signal at all. With some displays you need to manually toggle the input between VGA and DVI ports.

rvaneynd

Post by rvaneynd »

Cables are okay as I use the same DVI cable for the Dell monitor as for the other monitors.
Regarding the switching Analog VGA and DVI (Digital) this is has been checked. The other monitors (ViewSonic and Daewoo) are switched to Digital as the monitors show that there is NO digital signal.

irads

Post by irads »

fit-PC2 display controller transmits the BIOS image regardless of monitor connected or not.
Since you see the image on one display and don't get signal on the others I suggest concentrating the checking on the display or the cable.

rvaneynd

Post by rvaneynd »

I don't think it is a problem with the Monitor.

When I connect the Daewoo monitor to my Dell XPS 420 (NVidia 8800 GT) using the same DVI cable, the monitor immediatly detects the digital signal and it is working fine.

I'm just wondering if the fit-PC2 using the HDMI to DVI-D convertor connector does not sent the appropriate signalling to the monitor which results in the monitor not detecting the Digital signal. As the Dell monitor is a lot older (5+ years) it might not to fussy about the appropriate signalling and will just work.

If it was just one of the 3 monitors not working, I would be thinking it is the monitor. But as 2 out of 3 monites do not work (and work perfectly on another computer), I tend to believe that there some sort of a DVI-D compatibility issue between the fit-PC2, the HDMI to DVI-D convertor and the DVI-D monitors.

Or it might be that some connections inside the fit-PC are not working, as I noticed with the audio out. I have requested an RMA for the unit due to the audio issue.

Maybe a new unit will also fix the DVI-D problem.

rvaneynd

Post by rvaneynd »

I just received my replacement fit-PC2 Turbo (very impressed with the quick RMA process by Anders in the UK).

Again tried my Daewoo monitor as it might have been a faulty connection on the old fit-PC2.
But, no luck.

The Daewoo (DVI-D) still does not want to work.
And my old Dell Monitor has no problem...

Does anybody have any suggestion on why the Daewoo and ViewSonic (DVI-D) do not want to work on the fit-PC2 box?

UPDATE:
I thought I take something out of the equation which is the HDMI to DVI-D adapter and bought a1.5m HDMI to DVI-D cable which plugs straight into the monitor. But still no luck.
So still no further... Does anybody have any other suggestions?

rvaneynd

Post by rvaneynd »

Okay, I need to correct myself....

The Daewoo does not want to work as mentioned in my previous post.

But the ViewSonic DOES work now. Both with the HDMI to DVI-D adapter and the HDMI to DVI-D cable, which I bought yesterday.

So I have no idea why this monitor did not want to work on the pre-RMA box and does work now.

This just leaves the Daewoo monitor. I'm not to worried about that anymore as I do have a high resolution monitor that works.

Unless the people at fit-PC2 have any other suggestions regarding the Daewoo monitor, I consider this case CLOSED....

Thank you for your support.

Return to “Display interface”