Colour gone missing

DVI, HDMI (or lack of), VGA (or lack of), supported displays
Dalf

Colour gone missing

Post by Dalf »

Hello,

I received my FIT-PC2 thursday and got it up and running without any problems, but yesterday when I was surfing the colour green went missing. I've changed the HDMI-cable going to my TV (Samsung A866) but green is still missing.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

I also have the problem that when the HDMI cable is connected to the TV some channels lose the signal and goes black, when I pull out the PC-cable the TV-picture comes back ok.

Dalf

irads

Re: Colour gone missing

Post by irads »

Green goes on one of the differential pairs of the DVI-D interface. Signal on this pair is lost between the fit-PC2 and your TV.
Since you checked with another cable we can rule-out the cable.
To double check
- try fit-PC2 with another HDMI input on your TV or try fit-PC2 with another display using the HDMI to DVI adapter.
If there is no green - there is a problem with fit-PC2, contact rma@fit-pc.com. Otherwise the problem is with the HDMI port of the TV.

Dalf

Post by Dalf »

Hi irads,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the HDMI ports on the TV but get no picture at all, only the HDMI/DVI port worked. I'll try to find another display at my place of work tomorrow and see if it works there. /Dalf

Dalf

Post by Dalf »

Hi irads!

Finally I got to a display after 3 days that I could plug my PC to. The good news is for the FIT-PC2, the colours were correct and everything looked good.

It was a Samsung TV that I got to test the PC on, which means that it is the connection to my TV that must be a fault. The TV-picture and when I connect my laptop via VGA, the colours are correct, so something must be the matter with the HDMI/DVI connection.

Wish me luck with Samsung!

Regards
Dalf

Return to “Display interface”