Intel AC9260 support

Moderator: Andrey.Mazlin

reader

Intel AC9260 support

Post by reader »

Hi all,
we are currently testing a fitlet 2 with the FACET card M.2 for 3G/4G (FITLET2-PARTS-FCEM). We want to use the Intel AC9260 Wifi card with it, however it is not detected in Linux.

Is there a known compatibility issue? The wifi card was tested in another PC with the same Linux Kernel and there it works.

tamir
Site Admin

Re: Intel AC9260 support

Post by tamir »

Compulab haven't had the chance to qualify the intel AC9260 module on the fitlet2.
The Wifi module offered with the fitlet2 is the AC8260 which went through qualifications.
Unfortunately we do not have future plans to implement newer modules for the fitlet2 as for now.

reader

Post by reader »

tamir wrote:Compulab haven't had the chance to qualify the intel AC9260 module on the fitlet2.
The Wifi module offered with the fitlet2 is the AC8260 which went through qualifications.
Unfortunately we do not have future plans to implement newer modules for the fitlet2 as for now.
Thanks for the reply, however I am not entirely sure what you mean by "qualify". As far as I understood before, officially you only support the AC8260 but other modules could work. But in your post it sounds like no other modules are supported at all.

Could you please clarify on that?

tamir
Site Admin

Post by tamir »

reader wrote:
tamir wrote:Compulab haven't had the chance to qualify the intel AC9260 module on the fitlet2.
Thanks for the reply, however I am not entirely sure what you mean by "qualify". As far as I understood before, officially you only support the AC8260 but other modules could work. But in your post it sounds like no other modules are supported at all.

Could you please clarify on that?
The other modules could work, but we simply didn't run qualification tests on our platform for them, hence we cannot guarantee their proper functionality.

kwitiii

Post by kwitiii »

Reader, did you ever get your config working?

tamir
Site Admin

Post by tamir »

provided answer to related issue at:
https://fit-pc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=170&t=6529

Return to “fitlet2 FACET Cards”