WILD software update

Moderator: Andrey.Mazlin

selord

WILD software update

Post by selord »

Hi there, I recently bought WILD, which has basically the same HW as fitlet2. I was told that my unit has out-of-date system revision and that I should update it. The thing is, I don't know how.
I visited wiki(https://fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php?title ... )_software), downloaded img, decompressed and extracted it and flashed (using dd) onto a flash drive. Then I booted up WILD, select to boot from the flash drive, but it seemed to have booted from the disk/old revision. (I can tell that cause the old revision had other username that the new one, and the new one didn't work). My other idea was that maybe I should boot into WILD directly and from there do some kind of "hot swap", something like

Code: Select all

dd if=/path/to/imagefile.img of=/dev/sda/ bs=1M
where /dev/sda is my WILD's disk. But I am not very sure about that, I have never used dd to restore the disk image, so I am not sure whether that will work (I don't know whether I can rewrite files of system that is running). Could I get some "for dummies" advice, please?

tamir
Site Admin

Re: WILD software update

Post by tamir »

Working to get an answer on this from our R&D...

Denis

Re: WILD software update

Post by Denis »

Hi,

Prepare installation media
- USB Flash drive of at least 2GB should be used as installation media
- Download Linux Mint 19.1 "Tessa" - Cinnamon (64-bit)"
- To prepare bootable USB Flash drive, please follow How to install Linux Mint via USB tutorial

Boot from installation media
- After power-on press [F7] for one time boot menu and select USB Flash drive as boot device

Detect internal disk name
- Open the terminal, print detected disks info:

$ ls -all /dev/disk/by-id/ | grep -v part
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 160 May 22 09:33 .
drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 160 May 22 09:33 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   9 May 22 09:33 ata-Maximus_128G_201812110460 -> ../../sda
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   9 May 22 09:04 usb-SanDisk_Ultra_4C530000171109106381-0:0 -> ../../sdb
- For example in my case internal disk was detected as /dev/sda

Install the WILD image
- Open the browser, download the latest WILD image
- For example in my case the image name was 4G-wild-0.7.2.img.xz and it was downloaded to ~/Downloads folder
- Open the terminal, write the downloaded image to the internal disk:

$ xz -dc ~/Downloads/4G-wild-0.7.2.img.xz | sudo dd of=/dev/sda bs=1MB status=progress
- Power-off the device, disconnect the installation media

Boot from internal disk
- Login using default credentials u:compulab p:compulab
- Follow the WILD usage guide
Compulab's Linux support

Return to “fitlet2 software”