Install Wild software on SSD

Moderator: Andrey.Mazlin

CNBjohan

Install Wild software on SSD

Post by CNBjohan »

I'm building a fitlet2 J3455 to test the Compulab Wild Software, this is a list of the components i'm using:

- Fitlet2 J3455
- 2GB DDR3
- 64GB SSD M.2
- Intel Intel AC8260 lan module and the extra module with the antenna's

I've already downloaded the WILD image and deployed it on a usb thumb drive. This way i can boot the software so that part is ok.

I'm however trying to put the image on the internal SSD instead of the usb thumb drive. I can't find a manual on how to do that, is there some documentation available for this ?

Thanks in advance.

Gatbb

Re: Install Wild software on SSD

Post by Gatbb »

One way would be to remove the SSD from the fitlet and use a M.2-to-USB adapter with it. The same software you use for your USB drive can be used.

Else you'd have to boot your fitlet with some kind of operating system (ubuntu?) from yet another USB drive and use some kind of image deployment tool running under this operating system to copy your image to the SSD.

Mikael63

Post by Mikael63 »

Gatbb wrote:Else you'd have to boot your fitlet with some kind of operating system (ubuntu?) from yet another USB drive and use some kind of image deployment tool running under this operating system to copy your image to the SSD.
Yes!
I'm running Linux Mint 19.1.
If I download https://www.fit-iot.com/files/download/ ... ild.img.xz and then double click by my filemanager, I get a question which disk to recover.
So by put Linux Mint on a USB drive and then put the image file on the same drive and boot, use file manager, double click, choose M.2 and so on disk may work. But I'm not sure what happen with the size on partition.
Linux Mint Vera 21.1 Cinnamon @ MBM2 Pro

CNBjohan

Post by CNBjohan »

Thanks for the replies, i got it working using:

- Compulab Wild image
- Balena Etcher (https://www.balena.io/etcher/)
- Windows 10 pc

I used the Belena Etcher tool on Windows to copy the Wild image to the m.2 SSD and make it bootable.

Mikael63

Post by Mikael63 »

Nice!

Yes, Etcher is an easy tool.
Linux Mint Vera 21.1 Cinnamon @ MBM2 Pro

Return to “fitlet2 software”