How to reset the fitlet2 BIOS?

Moderator: Andrey.Mazlin

devin

How to reset the fitlet2 BIOS?

Post by devin »

Hello,

While testing various things, I enabled CSM and set the the Video to UEFI. Now when the fitlet2 boots I can't see the BIOS to make any changes. If I boot a UEFI OS, like Ubuntu Linux, then eventually it boots up and I can see video. However, I want to change the BIOS setting back so that I can continue to test BIOS changes.

How do I reset the BIOS on the fitlet2? I can't find this information anywhere online.

Thanks,
Devin

irads

Re: How to reset the fitlet2 BIOS?

Post by irads »

Checking with BIOS engineer.
Thank you for your patience.

devin

Post by devin »

Just an update, I was able to recover my Fitlet2 BIOS thanks to the advice from customer support. Basically, I reset the Fitlet2 BIOS from within the BIOS (but without being able to see what I was doing). I did this:
- power on the Fitlet2
- press Delete rapidly for 20 seconds (to be sure that it was enough time to have entered BIOS)
- hit F3 and then Enter (to reset to default BIOS settings)
- hit F4 and then Enter (to save and reboot)

Then when it powered up, I was able to see the BIOS again.

So far, it looks like you're unable to reset the BIOS using a hardware mechanism. Just to confirm, I removed the RTC battery for a long time. I also pressed and held the SW2 switch with and without the RTC battery in place. Those things did not reset the BIOS.

Floppsi1

Post by Floppsi1 »

Dear Support,

I think, I made a very big mistake and deactivated my USB support in the BIOS by accident.
Now when the Fitlet starts the BIOS is displayed, but I can not control it anymore.

Is there anyway how I can activate the USB support again in the BIOS.
Or is there any other way to reset the BIOS?

Thank you very mich for the help

Best Regards,
Floppsi

Floppsi1

Post by Floppsi1 »

Hello Topazy,

could you please give some meow information how you did it.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Floppsi
Topazy wrote:Check wiki guide Fit-pc.
There alot information about it.
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fitlet_BIOS_guide
There's everything you need.
Literally yesterday doing reset of bios. ;) Topazy.

tibere86

Post by tibere86 »

For me, the easiest way to reset the BIOS was to just open up the filet2, unplug the BIOS battery and plug it back in.

Floppsi1

Post by Floppsi1 »

That's strange, I did disconnect the battery for a very long time but I still I can't use the USB ports anymore. The time did do a reset to the 2012-01-01. But else no reaction.
Just to make sure, that we talk about the same battery. At least I can only see one battery that is connected with a cable to the motherboard.
Thanks.

tibere86

Post by tibere86 »

Floppsi1 wrote:That's strange, I did disconnect the battery for a very long time but I still I can't use the USB ports anymore. The time did do a reset to the 2012-01-01. But else no reaction.
Just to make sure, that we talk about the same battery. At least I can only see one battery that is connected with a cable to the motherboard.
Thanks.
Yes, that battery.
If as you said the time and date were reset to factory defaults, then your BIOS was successfully reset.

Floppsi1

Post by Floppsi1 »

OK, thanks a lot.
In that case something else is wrong that no keyboard or USB stick is recognised at the USB ports.

tamir
Site Admin

Post by tamir »

detaching the RTC battery won't pull the trick on the fitlet2, it was perhaps possible on fitlet1.

You may contact support directly at - fitpcsupport@compulab.co.il
In case there's a need for advanced support.

Return to “General fitlet2 questions”