New Airtop does not recognize or mount SSD

fazzle

New Airtop does not recognize or mount SSD

Post by fazzle »

Hi, I am new to Linux and also to Airtop. I have an Airtop-W with a 1Tb Samsung Evo SSD included and fitted at the factory. The airtop is running perfectly on Linux 18, but seems to be using a 256Gb SSD which everything is on, even the O/S. I cannot find this 256Gb SSD ??? The 1Tb Samsung SSD is not mounted and is inaccessible. I have removed the 1Tb SSD and the Airtop keeps running as normal, so I have replaced it again. Can anyone tell me the correct code instructions to get this SSD mounted and recognized so that I can use it. I have previously tried to follow some coding instruction from various web sites but some of the instructions or coding is not recognized by this machine. Thanks in advance.
Fazzle.

fazzle

Re: New Airtop does not recognize or mount SSD

Post by fazzle »

Fazzle here again. I have tried several things to access this elusive SSD, and the terminal says I am not the owner, and therefore is refusing access.
If I am not the owner, then who is ?
I have used SU to log in as Superuser, but it makes no difference.
Help... Anyone!
Fazzle

ipc14

Post by ipc14 »

but seems to be using a 256Gb SSD which everything is on, even the O/S. I cannot find this 256Gb SSD ???
I can only assume you ordered this 256GB ssd?
Wild guess, it's probably in the mSata slot.

You don't mention what you have done, just that you've followed instructions from web sites?

First step is seeing how the kernel identified it. It will be something like /dev/sdX
you can use the command lsblk to list all attached devices.
You can then use mount to mount then. Eg mount /dev/sdX /mnt

However, if it doesn't have a filesystem on it, you'll need to create one.

This should be possible from the gui as well.
I suggest posting your question on a site dedicated for linux though (like linuxquestions.org) instead of here as it has nothing really to do with airtop.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS installed:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Airtop_BIOS_Files

In addition please read the revision of your disk cartridge board (the small board where you connect the 2.5'' drives). In case earlier than rev 1.2 please contact the email:
support@fit-pc.com

Return to “General Airtop questions”