windows 10 drivers?

dhylton

windows 10 drivers?

Post by dhylton »

1) you provide driver pages for windows 7, windows 8, and windows 10. downloadables from the windows 7/8 pages are named as such; however, when downloading a driver from the windows 10 page, the drivers are named as if they are windows 7 drivers.

is this somehow correct?

2) i downloaded the complete set from the windows 10 page, and the name of the archive contained "win7" ... after installing the video drivers (fitlet_win7_SOC) from that package on windows 10 pro, the video no longer works. thankfully i had already setup remote access to the machine, so i can still get to it, but i cannot get the monitor to display anything. there was no complaint during driver installation, and i cannot find any related complaints in the logs.

where do i go from here? are these even the correct drivers?

bjorn_latronix

Re: windows 10 drivers?

Post by bjorn_latronix »

There's a dedicated link for Win10-Fitlet drivers here:
http://www.fit-pc.com/wiki/index.php/Fi ... Windows_10

I downloaded the "System (Chipset, Display and USB3.0)" and ran setup yesterday. When the setup reached the Radeon Graphics card, screen turned black. I waited 2 hours and rebooted. Screen turned black when boot reached login. I had to enter secure boot and revert the Radeon driver update to have the screen back.

Prior to this, my Fitlet-RM-XA10-LAN TE Barebone was at Win10 1607 with all updates installed (up to 170316).

After this, Windows updated the SPS-driver.

Should I stay with the automatic driver updates that come with Windows update? This seems to work just fine.

mbirger

Post by mbirger »

We recommend to stay with Automatic drivers update from Windows.

prejto

Post by prejto »

Unfortunately I didn't see these posts in time! There really should be a warning that the Radeon driver will totally stuff up the installation. Why are these drivers on the Fit-PC website if they cause this grief?

I really need help. I now cannot see anything on the screen trying to boot after the initial opening screen. The manual indicates to press F2 to get to the bios. Even this doesn't work.

Would a kind soul please explain to this dummy how to Secure Boot this machine (Fitlet-T).

Many thanks,

Peter

EDIT: After much effort I was able to turn on Secure Boot and load Win10. What exactly should I do at this step to reverse the installation of the chipset and video drivers? I did not create a restore point prior to the installation. If I restore to the only point I have I will lose much work. In Programs & Features I show: AMD Catalyst Install Manager and AMD Radeon Settings. The install manager gives an option to delete everything. Do I do this and if so, what next?

Thanks.

bjorn_latronix

Post by bjorn_latronix »

To enter safe mode without a screen:
* Push power button 3 s during Windows startup several times. Google for more instructions.

Once you're in safe mode:
* Enter the Device Manager and find the "AMD Radeon (TM) R6 Graphics" card.
* Choose Driver
* Chose "Roll Back Driver".

I only needed to rollback the Radeon driver. All else was ok.

Return to “Windows on fitlet”