Fitlet XA10 does not start

MJGraf

Re: Fitlet XA10 does not start

Post by MJGraf »

Ok, I sent my unit back and today got a replacement unit - so far so good...
The good news is indeed that I can now switch my fitlet on (LED green) and off (LED yellow). When it is on, the heat sink gets warm and attached USB devices get power.
But unfortunately it still doesn't boot. I tried both hdmi ports, but the screen stays black.
Based on the above, I tried taking my Kingston RAM stick out and reinstalling it (at least 5 times, each time trying with both hdmi ports), but nothing changed.
I also tried a BIOS reset - did not help.
The behavior is exactly the same even if I try to boot without any RAM - which obviously cannot work. So this time again my suspicion is that my RAM is either defective or there is a compatibility issue (I have the Kingston 8GB stick from the official compatible RAM list). What I can do is try to get my hands on a 8GB Samsung stick again and try that one.
But before I do so: Any other suggestions?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

MJGraf

Re: Fitlet XA10 does not start

Post by MJGraf »

Just to let everyone know:

It was actually a compatibility issue with my RAM stick. I initially had a Kingston HX316LS9IB/8 (8GB), which is actually listed as compatible RAM here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 09&vpid=A2
The stick as such is ok - it works in my laptop. But the Fitlet didn't boot with it.

Now I got a Samsung M471B1G73QH0-YK0 (8GB also from the compatible RAM list above) and the Fitlet works perfectly.

Thanks for everyone for your support!

Michael

Return to “General fitlet questions”