Unable to Access BIOS with F2

smtpc

Unable to Access BIOS with F2

Post by smtpc »

I have recently purchased an IPC2 and am trying to access the BIOS. Whether I hold the F2 key down on boot or try to click it fast when the Setup message pops up, I am unable to access the BIOS before the Operating System appears (Windows 8.1) I have BIOS version IPC2_3.330.3 X64 which I believe is the latest version. All the BIOS settings should be at the defaults and I have tried the steps on the troubleshooting page including pressing the reset button inside the case.

My eventual goal is to reinstall the OS via USB or DVD drive but the computer does not appear to boot to these devices first. Any more steps that I should try?

-Scott

Sw-2015

Re: Unable to Access BIOS with F2

Post by Sw-2015 »

Hi smtpc,
I have probably the same problem, since I tried to enter on the bios configs by keeping pressed F2 button: actually, it works but is not a "normal" bios...just few settings and that doesn't take any effect once you press the enter button on your choice. You can press the F8 button, it works as well as F2 button.
The point for me should be to be able to disable the Auto-On mode: I would like to disable it, but how is it possible if I cannot access to a bios config setup?

I'll stay tuned if anyone want to help me.
Thanks

smtpc

Re: Unable to Access BIOS with F2

Post by smtpc »

Sw-2015,

After surfing around, I came to the conclusion that my BIOS was booting into UEFI rather than legacy mode. With UEFI, it appears that it is near impossible to time the F2 keypress accurately enough to get into the BIOS.

To solve my issue, I installed Windows 8.1 on a spare drive and following directions similar to the ones on the url below, I disabled UEFI BIOS and made sure the legacy BIOS was enabled:

http://www.howtogeek.com/175641/how-to- ... cure-boot/

After that I was able to reinstall my OS and get everything working again.

Good Luck.

Return to “IPC2 BIOS”