Extended Power Button

opencompany

Extended Power Button

Post by opencompany »

We can see some potential in an extended power button solution for built-in system etc.
As far as we can see, this could be added through a FACE-module (PWR_BTN#)

Do you have any plans for this or ideas to provide it otherwise?

Thanks.
Kind Regards,
Kevin Peter Gade

CompuLab Nordic A/S (www.compulabnordic.dk)
Danish distributor of fit-PC and other products from CompuLab since 2008.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Re: Extended Power Button

Post by gabrielh »

opencompany wrote:
Do you have any plans for this or ideas to provide it otherwise?
I am not sure I understand what do you mean...
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

opencompany

Post by opencompany »

Hi Gabriel.
Understand what I mean with the entire topic and "extended power button" or just the quoted sentence?

Anyway what I mean is simply that we can see a potential in an extended / external power button on fit-PC3 / Intense PC. E.g. an external connector on a FACE-module and a button on 1m cable.

This is for solutions, where the PC is built into something or hidden in a way, so that the power button is no longer easy accessible. Of course the power could simply be taken the hard way, however this is not the preferred way to close down all systems.

If this could be added through a FACE-module, maybe it could be added to an existing FACE-module someday. E.g. the FM-2MP or FM-E4U. Or to your upcoming GPIO FACE-module? Since it is a small nice-to-have feature, I suppose it should be added to another FACE-module rather than be built on its own.

The part with other ideas to provide it, was just to ask, if this feature could be added in other ways. I read something about an USB-device, that might be able to power on the PC but I haven't be able to find such a device, at least not a simple solution with a power button on a cable.

I hope I have explained my self and my feature request more clear now - if not please let me know ;-)

Thank you.
Kind Regards,
Kevin Peter Gade

CompuLab Nordic A/S (www.compulabnordic.dk)
Danish distributor of fit-PC and other products from CompuLab since 2008.

gabrielh
Site Admin

Post by gabrielh »

Yeap, that is clear enough :)

We will consider to add a remote power button to some face modules. The signal is available on the FACE interface
Gabriel Heifets

Fit-PC2/3/IntensePC support.

Return to “General FACE Module questions”