No Logon Screen With Mint 7 When Using Hardware Acceleration

Markiep

No Logon Screen With Mint 7 When Using Hardware Acceleration

Post by Markiep »

I was wondering if you can help me. I have just purchased a MintBox2 and have had a problem
with the display output.

I install Mint 17 on the box from a CDROM which worked ok but when the system rebooted the monitor would display the grub screen ok then go straight to a sleep state on the logon screen.

If I ran the grub script and disabled the hardware drives using i915.modeset=0 it displays the logon fine and then the desktop, but I am not running hardware acceleration.
After and bit of trying I set the system to logon automatically and this means it skips any manual input required on the logon screen so the system now starts fine straight into the desktop, but if I logout yet again the monitor hangs in a sleep state. So effectively I can only have one account on the PC.
I tried to install Ubuntu 14.04 and had the same issues.
I have looked searched on the internet and in the Ubuntu & mint forums but apart from one post with no solution there is no information.

The monitor is a Dell- Wide Flat Panel E228WFP 22" (TCO99) Value (DVI-D) from 2007 and is connected to the DVI-D port via the HDMI
I have tried with my TV screen with the same results

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

mbirger

Re: No Logon Screen With Mint 7 When Using Hardware Accelera

Post by mbirger »

Forwarded to Linux expert...

Return to “Linux Mint”